• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brexit vote

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit vote"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The one we're not in?

I'm guessing you're one of those people that googled "What is the EU?" the day after voting to leave it.
    I guess you've not read any of my posts on Brexit stating that I didn't vote leave.

Get yer coat, you've not pulled.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I was referring more to the visa-free travel that they don't currently have.
    The one we're not in?

I'm guessing you're one of those people that googled "What is the EU?" the day after voting to leave it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Don't worry I know its scary being outside a soviet state again.
    Soviet Union (where I lived and you did not) was (and still is) full of idiots, the scary part is that UK now turning into one!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why are you singling out Syrians? Do you think the Calais Jungle is a holiday camp?
    Syrians go via Turkey, in very large numbers, why are they not going to UK but instead Germany, perhaps they are afraid of Brexit now?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So, it turns out that it wasn't just Brexit vote - according to Mrs May:

"When the British people voted in the referendum last June, they did not simply vote to withdraw from the European Union; they voted to change the way our country works – and the people for whom it works – forever. It was a quiet revolution by those who feel the system has been stacked against them for too long – and an instruction to this Government to seize the opportunity of building a stronger, fairer Britain that works for everyone, not just a privileged few."

The system which she refers is parliament and not the EU. Since the vote there's little to no sign of that system changing but a lot of damage has been caused in the mean time.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Voting No to Brexit would not have lead to current tulipy situation!

We are in deep tulip now because of people who voted Yes, the sooner they realise it the better!
    Don't worry I know its scary being outside a soviet state again.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    So how many Syrians got to UK compared to Germany?
    Why are you singling out Syrians?

Do you think the Calais Jungle is a holiday camp?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    OK.
    No, that's not OK!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Refugees want to cross Europe to get to the UK, rather than just stop at the first safe country.
    We've got a National Health Service on its knees and getting worse.
    So how many Syrians got to UK compared to Germany?

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Wealth of this country is being flushed down the drain.
    OK.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Yes, it makes sense now - fook up your economy now in order to prevent Turkish passport holders coming to UK in 20-30 years.

By that time Sterling will become Turkish liras of the currency world.

That will show 'em!
    Ah, you clearly are dimmer than a prawn.

Refugees want to cross Europe to get to the UK, rather than just stop at the first safe country.

We've got a National Health Service on its knees and getting worse.

But yeah, keep letting them in.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    What Tulipe situation is that then oh great wise one?
    Wealth of this country is being flushed down the drain.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    We are remaining in Europe, and Turkey is already in Europe (some of it anyway).
    I was referring more to the visa-free travel that they don't currently have.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Voting No to Brexit would not have lead to current tulipy situation!

We are in deep tulip now because of people who voted Yes, the sooner they realise it the better!
    What Tulipe situation is that then oh great wise one?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What we need to do is to become a less attractive destination to economic tourists.

Yes, it makes sense now - fook up your economy now in order to prevent Turkish passport holders coming to UK in 20-30 years.

By that time Sterling will become Turkish liras of the currency world.

That will show 'em!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X