• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tesla Model S

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tesla Model S"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Saw one in America, liked it a lot. Like the ipad interface thingy

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Been thinking about this, can't remember if I posted but I did do a test drive of a P100D in Copenhagen, lovely car, fast beyond belief, near the docks there's a bit of road where you can get away with opening it up, 0-100 in 2.9 secs with no jerky gear changes completely leaving your tummy in the boot, wonderful feeling and in complete silence. Then I had to stop and charge up the battery before going any further...
    FTFY and I believe each one comes with a support vehicle....

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    ...leaving your tummy in the boot...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The new Audi TTRS

New Audi TT RS coupe 2016 review | Auto Express

Brand new, £52K, 4WD, Slick DSG box, 0-62 in 3.7 seconds and goes round corners, sounds fantastic with a 5 cylinder turbo engine.
    Ladies car...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The new Audi TTRS

Brand new, £52K, 4WD, Slick DSG box, 0-62 in 3.7 seconds and goes round corners, sounds fantastic with a 5 cylinder turbo engine.
    Well they've got close with the front end but that arse? Still looks crap.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The new Audi TTRS

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Tesla is hugely heavy and can't go round corners and as you say build quality is rather poor.

Makes sense for a family man living near Central London Congestion zone maybe?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    For that money you can get 911 TTS, few year old but it will be much nicer car to drive - 0-60 isn't everything, handling is - also Tesla looks very dull.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Build quality is ropey, and you won't get a 2.9 second model for 80k.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    started a topic Tesla Model S

Tesla Model S

Been thinking about this, can't remember if I posted but I did do a test drive of a P100D in Copenhagen, lovely car, fast beyond belief, near the docks there's a bit of road where you can get away with opening it up, 0-100 in 2.9 secs with no jerky gear changes completely leaving your tummy in the boot, wonderful feeling and in complete silence.

But, no growl, grunt or edge at all. I loved it but it was a bit plasticky. And the car for £80k doesn't really exude total quality.

Not sure what I think. Maybe all punch and no passion.

But now when I hear an IC engine starting up it sounds so agricultural.

Sod it...

Working...
X