• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Christmas Sales

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas Sales"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What happens when you unsubscribe?
    Some keep flooding you for up to 14 days.

In previous years I sometimes took the nuclear option by calling them and threatening further action to be removed.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So far, peace and quiet. I was going to hold out until after silly season in the hope that the frequency would go down but I couldn't take any more.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've had daily emails from Joseph so far this month "we're going to have a sale", "our sale is coming soon", "don't forget about the sale", "the sale is next week", "the sale is tomorrow", "the sale starts today", "don't miss out, the sale is now on"

FFS. ***** off.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I don't want sale clothing as it's not fashionable.

Oh and I got more emails from virtually every retailer I purchased stuff from online saying their sale has started.
    I've had daily emails from Joseph so far this month "we're going to have a sale", "our sale is coming soon", "don't forget about the sale", "the sale is next week", "the sale is tomorrow", "the sale starts today", "don't miss out, the sale is now on"

FFS. ***** off.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What about for next year?
    I don't want sale clothing as it's not fashionable.

Oh and I got more emails from virtually every retailer I purchased stuff from online saying their sale has started.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Meanwhile, in Japan....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've got emails from Next, 2 ladies clothes retailers and some coffee company. All their sales have now started.

As I tend to try and buy stuff in October apart from Xmas presents before they put the prices up, I don't need anything.
    What about for next year?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I've got emails from Next, 2 ladies clothes retailers and some coffee company. All their sales have now started.

As I tend to try and buy stuff in October apart from Xmas presents before they put the prices up, I don't need anything.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    When I was a kid matron used to allow a couple of my servants some time off over Christmas. They were allowed to queue overnight for the sales. Harrods was close to our Eaton Square home, and I used to pay them one shilling to queue overnight to by some extra toys at the sale.
    A whole shilling, its types like you that are responsible for mega inflation man

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I seem to recall seeing Boxing Day sales starting about a week prior, a year or two ago (maybe that was pre Black Friday days as we now just seem to follow what 'merica does even if we don't celebrate the same holidays).

Martin Lewis seems to be touting which January sales have already started.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    When I was a kid matron used to allow a couple of my servants some time off over Christmas. They were allowed to queue overnight for the sales. Harrods was close to our Eaton Square home, and I used to pay them one shilling to queue overnight to by some extra toys at the sale.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I go online on Xmas day. Then end up buying batteries or similar from Amazon, and more sports stuff...

Leave a comment:

• pjt
    replied
    Still happens. Next do an early start. The workers need to be in mega early.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    I only ask because the old man's family are over Boxing Day so I may escape upstairs to the office to enjoy a bit of fingertip action myself.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

Christmas in a cold, wet carpark in Llantrisant! The mind boggles.
    Yes, but you've never been to Preston.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X