• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "352 year old LLoyds of London to establish EU base next year."

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yes had been mentioned. I suspect its now upsetting the Swiss and they want fewer low grade migrants.

Many country's populations actually believe that near unlimited migrants willing to work for peanuts are a bad idea.
    NAT may have to explain, but I don't understand how low level migrants have access to Swiss healthcare.
    Compulsory insurance cost me a few hundred a month.
    It's a completely different system.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    When I was there a couple of years ago, I noticed they do have quite a few low-grade migrants from the ex-balkan states. I remember a fight on a tram, surprised me in Switzerland.
    And if you work for any of the big companies, come closing time, when the cleaners come, they all wear hijabs.
    yes had been mentioned. I suspect its now upsetting the Swiss and they want fewer low grade migrants.

Many country's populations actually believe that near unlimited migrants willing to work for peanuts are a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Who is their Nige we could do with him or her.
    Yeah because ours has really helped
    Fook me you lot really deserve what's coming to you.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

And yes it shows a lot of hypocrisy by the Swiss their economy being based on employing top flight foreign workers. Does seem they don't want cheap labour or low grade migrants.
    When I was there a couple of years ago, I noticed they do have quite a few low-grade migrants from the ex-balkan states. I remember a fight on a tram, surprised me in Switzerland.
    And if you work for any of the big companies, come closing time, when the cleaners come, they all wear hijabs.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Unrest in Switzerland? OMG! I must have missed that in the news.
    The only unrest is their version of UKIP tulip stirring as usual.
    The SVP, the largest party in parliament
    Who is their Nige we could do with him or her.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Not what it says in the article. Maybe what you think, however there does seem to be unrest over there.
    Unrest in Switzerland? OMG! I must have missed that in the news.
    The only unrest is their version of UKIP tulip stirring as usual.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The only county that rejected any of my applications on “priority to locals first basis” is Wales!
    The Uk as a whole has that policy already, when applied to non-EU nationals, AFAIK?
    And we all know how easy it is to get around

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Swiss jobs for Swiss workers? It's a complete fig leaf.
    Most expatriates in Switzerland are highly skilled, without them the economy would collapse, no way Swiss workers are being excluded.
    This is merely the Swiss government quietly dismantling the result of their referendum because they're smart enough to realise they need the single market.
    Wonder what we'll do?

Interesting if the EU rejects even that fig leaf:

"There is no firm guarantee that Brussels will accept the carefully crafted Swiss solution. The commission has repeatedly said it will need to be assured that it does not discriminate against EU workers.

Brussels will also be wary of creating a flexible precedent that Britain might be able to use in negotiating a new bilateral relationship with the bloc, in particular in trying to manage migration while preserving single market ties. "
    Not what it says in the article. Maybe what you think, however there does seem to be unrest over there.

Who will blink first one wonders?

And yes it shows a lot of hypocrisy by the Swiss their economy being based on employing top flight foreign workers. Does seem they don't want cheap labour or low grade migrants.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Most expatriates in Switzerland are highly skilled, without them the economy would collapse, no way Swiss workers are being excluded.
    This is merely the Swiss government quietly dismantling the result of their referendum because they're smart enough to realise they need the single market.
    Wonder what we'll do?

"There is no firm guarantee that Brussels will accept the carefully crafted Swiss solution. The commission has repeatedly said it will need to be assured that it does not discriminate against EU workers.

Brussels will also be wary of creating a flexible precedent that Britain might be able to use in negotiating a new bilateral relationship with the bloc, in particular in trying to manage migration while preserving single market ties. "

The only county that rejected any of my applications on “priority to locals first basis” is Wales!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Do explain, way I read it is that after NAT spending years saying how wonderful the EU is it seems the Swiss need to avoid one of the four freedoms by having "Swiss Jobs for Swiss workers" bunch of knuckle dragging racists if you ask me.

Does seem that Switzerland is heading for trouble and the EU are playing hardball..

Obviously its in the Granuaid so it might be a load of lefty rowlocks
    Wonder what we'll do?

Last edited by sasguru; 16 December 2016, 16:28.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I don't think you understood that article, as with much else.
    Do explain, way I read it is that after NAT spending years saying how wonderful the EU is it seems the Swiss need to avoid one of the four freedoms by having "Swiss Jobs for Swiss workers" bunch of knuckle dragging racists if you ask me.

Does seem that Switzerland is heading for trouble and the EU are playing hardball..

The SVP, the largest party in parliament, accused the other parties of caving in to Brussels and abandoning Swiss sovereignty. Its MPs held up signs during the final vote saying “mass immigration continues” and warning that by dodging the requirements of the referendum, in which 50.3% of voters called for immigration caps, the law was an “unprecedented breach” of the country’s constitution.
    Obviously its in the Granuaid so it might be a load of lefty rowlocks

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    NAT is distracted trying to stop a migrant taking his job.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other
    I don't think you understood that article, as with much else.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    NAT is watching this thread like a hawk so all I'm going to say is, I'll leave your comments to the judgement of the congregation
    NAT is distracted trying to stop a migrant taking his job.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    More work for me then As I've mentioned before, one of my projects is to move various applications in IT departments, primarily financial institutions, away from their home base, either into the cloud or offshore. So far I've worked on 3 in the UK and a few in the USA but I suspect we'll be getting more now from the UK. These are not the frontend guys but tend to be the development of the systems that they use so don't worry...too much

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So it has begun then.

Dooooomed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X