• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK trade deficit widens"

Collapse

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Feck off there's no way Scotland generates £48 billion in exports.

Hold me drink...
    Here you go

Export Statistics Scotland - Publication

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Hmm Scotland's Ecosse's exports to the rest of the UK £48.5bn and to the EU £11.6bn

See ya
    FTFY

<Ecosse remainer> Yes but if Scotland Ecosse decide to leave us we of course will no longer allow you to trade with you on current terms. You will be forced to grovel & obey our rules like any other country that has the audacity to leave the EU UK. Your economy will be reduced to what you can make out of deep fried mars bars & Scooter's toilet trading if he ever decides to pay tax on it. It is in the best interests of the EU UK.

No one will make cars there any more - oh wait.

Financial services will all move to Bognor as we won't allow your filthy derivatives near our existing clean financial systems.

You are obviously a bunch of racist simpletons.

</Ecosse remainer>

There you go!
    Last edited by vetran; 10 November 2016, 12:52. Reason: missed a bit

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Hmm Scotland's exports to the rest of the UK £48.5bn and to the EU £11.6bn

See ya
    Feck off there's no way Scotland generates £48 billion in exports.

Hold me drink...

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    UK <> EU - Hello

There's that absence in thinking again.
    Hmm Scotland's exports to the rest of the UK £48.5bn and to the EU £11.6bn

See ya

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    He'd rather Scotland leave their largest trading partner for one they do less business with,
    UK <> EU - Hello

There's that absence in thinking again.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Perhaps, for balance, you'd like to come up with figures for your mythical independent Scotland as laid out in the SNP's famous White Paper? I suppose it could be any figure as it'll be in Scottish Pound-Euros a currency only on par with tally sticks.
    The Spuro? 1:1 with the Zimbabwean Dollar within 18 months.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Perhaps, for balance, you'd like to come up with figures for your mythical independent Scotland as laid out in the SNP's famous White Paper? I suppose it could be any figure as it'll be in Scottish Pound-Euros a currency only on par with tally sticks.
    He'd rather Scotland leave their largest trading partner for one they do less business with, plus he obviously doesn't understand that it will take a few years before things change in reality. The pound drops x% and the trade deficit widens could it be to do with the fact that more now needs to be spent to buy the same amount as previously? Obviously it's a bit hard for Scooter to comprehend

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I suppose the upside is tally sticks are not fiat money.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Besides knowing much about locks Houdini speciality was distraction. So whilst we're in gasp about what's happening across the pond the UK's expenses just went up by £1.2bn in Sept Feck me that's an insane amount of money. To put that into context a Type 45 destroyer costs just under £1bn out of the showroom.

Source: UK trade deficit widens in September, official figures show - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Stop ex-pats living abroad from returning.
    Or at least stop them posting bollox all over the internet!!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Britain for the Brits mate
    Brexit has given the opportunity to rebuild Great Britain, but in order to do so industry has to be destroyed in order to be rebuilt.
    Block off the channel tunnel.
    Ban foreign cars and bring back British Leyland
    I thought it was going to be Nissan Leyland

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Brexit has given the opportunity to rebuild Great Britain, but in order to do so industry has to be destroyed in order to be rebuilt.
    Make it so Mrs May !

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Besides knowing much about locks Houdini speciality was distraction. So whilst we're in gasp about what's happening across the pond the UK's expenses just went up by £1.2bn in Sept Feck me that's an insane amount of money. To put that into context a Type 45 destroyer costs just under £1bn out of the showroom.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Not helped by our increasing net loss as part of the EU.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Don't be silly. The weak pound is boosting our exports beyond all belief. Boomed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X