• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Trump's Policies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trump's Policies"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Can you blame her, we contractors feel the same about just dealing with them in business, not doing THE business

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I did once shag one. She then denied it to everyone else because she was ashamed to do such a thing with a recruitment agent. So as an act of revenge I am denying climate change .
    So don't give us this pious sh*t about groups of people having integrity just because of what they are supposed to do.

Can you blame her, we contractors feel the same about just dealing with them in business, not doing THE business

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    As long as he doesn't have to think too much about foreign policy and complicated stuff he will do quite well domestically. He will build lots of stuff, improve infrastructure etc as that is how he sees the world.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If he were to "press the button", that should ensure some excellent skiing seasons.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    Define "long time"

2009-2011 Democrats
    2003-2007 Republicans
    1992-1995 Democrats
    1977-1981 Democrats
    1961-1969 Democrats
    1949-1953 Democrats
    1933-1947 Democrats
    1921-1931 Republicans
    1913-1919 Democrats
    1901-1911 Republicans

I can't be bothered to go back further than that.
    thanks I was right then the first time in 6 years that one party had both houses

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by dundeedude View Post
    Do you even know any university researchers?

T.
    I did once shag one. She then denied it to everyone else because she was ashamed to do such a thing with a recruitment agent. So as an act of revenge I am denying climate change .
    So don't give us this pious sh*t about groups of people having integrity just because of what they are supposed to do.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    All universities in the world in the top 100 are pursuing the research grants to examine the impact of this, whilst simultaneously ensuring their own comfy salaried existences continue for many years to come!
    ftfy

Do you even know any university researchers? They are intent on ensuring the conditions continue to exist in which they can carve out a well-funded and privileged career path running all manner of gerrymandered computer modelling programmes to produce whatever results are de rigeur, and appeal most to the vocal treehugging elite. There also exists the possibility, however unlikely, that whilst doing this they may stumble across some truth and discover a few objective facts,
    ftfy too.

As for the rest of your pious condescending tripe, I can't even be arsed to pull it any further apart.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    is this the first time in a long time that one party in the US had both houses and the presidency ?
    Define "long time"

2009-2011 Democrats
    2003-2007 Republicans
    1992-1995 Democrats
    1977-1981 Democrats
    1961-1969 Democrats
    1949-1953 Democrats
    1933-1947 Democrats
    1921-1931 Republicans
    1913-1919 Democrats
    1901-1911 Republicans

I can't be bothered to go back further than that.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Clearly exagerated? All universities in the world in the top 100 are pursuing the research to examine the impact of this - which is clear and absolute in stating it is much more severe than expected and the rate of change is faster than expected.

Do you even know any university researchers? They are intent on truth and discovering objective facts, something you are, and have been, unable to discern for the entirety of your presence on this forum.

The pursuance of truth with integrity was what has driven our society from enlightenment. You REALLY want a Trumpesque post-truth era? Seriously? If "wot i rekon" is your modus operandi and this spreads then we end up wanting things that can, long term, come back to massively reduce the quality of society and stunt the intellectual development of the world for generations.

I'll continue to concentrate on objective facts rather than joining the throng of those who clearly have and use racial prejudice undertones to their arguments.

As much as I agree that the global elite have partially caused this, the base extincts appear (read: appear) to be that of racism and pro-white superiority.
    If you look at any presentation of anything to do with climate change it will be accompanied by a picture of some sort of extreme event - usually a storm, dead animals or a forest fire. All of these happen all the time and always have done. Pictures of floods abound and the climate has always changed. These images however are exploited in order to manipulate people into thinking that incidents of unpleasant climate events are caused by man. So whilst there is overwhelming evidence of climate change - which is irrefutable the climate change lobby are twisting it as if it is :

1. caused by human beings
    2. can be changed by human beings.

Whilst I accept that human beings may contribute to climate change I do not accept that paying money to climate scientists, researchers and wind farm manufacturers will reverse the change. I also do not accept that there is an "ideal" climate scenario that can be attained anyway (though the climate lobby seem to think there is).
    Furthermore your precious researchers may be in the business of investigating science but they are human beings like everyone else. if their cause is to save the planet then their position and importance is elevated such that if they can produce outcomes that perpetuate fear then even better for them.

The whole point is that what people do not want is an intellectual elite exploiting phenomenoms like climate change giving them cart blanche to tell the rest of society how to live their lives.

It is weasel cliches like this The pursuance of truth with integrity was what has driven our society from enlightenment. You REALLY want a Trumpesque post-truth era? Seriously? If "wot i rekon" is your modus operandi and this spreads then we end up wanting things that can, long term, come back to massively reduce the quality of society and stunt the intellectual development of the world for generations. which presume that your ilk have exclusive access to truth and therefore a divine right to interpret "their" truth in order to tell everyone else how to live their lives. It is this bu**sh*t that people are fed up with.
    The real truth is that people like you think you are the sole purveyors of truth and wisdom yet change nothing other than your own bank accounts. And they have had enough of you and your institutions.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Clearly exagerated? All universities in the world in the top 100 are pursuing the research to examine the impact of this - which is clear and absolute in stating it is much more severe than expected and the rate of change is faster than expected.

Do you even know any university researchers? They are intent on truth and discovering objective facts, something you are, and have been, unable to discern for the entirety of your presence on this forum.

The pursuance of truth with integrity was what has driven our society from enlightenment. You REALLY want a Trumpesque post-truth era? Seriously? If "wot i rekon" is your modus operandi and this spreads then we end up wanting things that can, long term, come back to massively reduce the quality of society and stunt the intellectual development of the world for generations.

I'll continue to concentrate on objective facts rather than joining the throng of those who clearly have and use racial prejudice undertones to their arguments.

As much as I agree that the global elite have partially caused this, the base extincts appear (read: appear) to be that of racism and pro-white superiority.

I am with DA here, this subject seems to have been hijacked as a bandwagon for certain groups to use as a reason for punitive taxes

Of course those who are in it and benefitting from it will champion the subject, I am sure there are probably zillions of grants available for Universities to help with research to prove the theory
    it's a self fulfilling prophecy, we tax 'em and then give that money to the universities to help us find more evidence to tax 'em more

except this is not balanced, and the countries being subjected to this punishment the most are the ones who polute the least

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I gotta say, just listened to the victory speech, from the DM's website

Donald Trump wins US Election | Daily Mail Online

Difficult to argue with that speech - the first 7 minutes.

Have a listen

Milan.
    Compare his speech to that given by Nixon when he won in 68. There are plenty of parallels, and what ensued didn't quite match what was promised in the aftermath of the election.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

One word - "Sugar".

Leave a comment:

• dundeedude
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Intellectuals can say and do what they like but people are now ignoring climate change because of the intensity of the clearly exaggerated scaremongering. Most people may not be "intellectual" but they are bright enough to see through the crap.

As for the other policies I am still in the dark as what not to like about them

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Indeed. Now who the fook is it and what has he done with Vectra Man???
    As soon as I saw he had posted I automatically reached for the "tw*t" keys.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    This is the really odd thing that people seem to misunderstand. He came from a complete outsider who was ridiculed by everyone, to fight the Democrats, the GOP, and the media - and won!

And people criticise the way he put his message across.

They guy is clearly mega smart, so I'm sure now that he's done his job of persuading he can attack the next job at hand in a more overtly sophisticated way.
    Although he comes across as speaking a word soup he does speak in simple language during his speeches and during the debates so that everyone in the US could understand. He may not say much but his message is at least delivered. He is also comes across as more approachable and shows more emotion which Hillary after years in politics doesn't do as well.

Aside from the conflicting messages on immigration I'm interested how the new administration is going to improve the US tax system that the Donald has mastered in his words.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X