• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Going Insane!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Going Insane!!!"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Ah cheers luke - thats a pretty good idea actually. I did that the first few days I was off and I was fine - since I've just been potterring I've been going mental.

Cheers honey x
    Wow, honey ! Things are looking up...
    Sounds like a taste of retirement to me. Loads of people look forward to giving up work, taking it easy etc but when it turns up they are totally lost. Happens to lots of women when the kids finally move out too, they are defined by their ability to look after the family and that is taken away leaving them without a purpose.
    Work takes such a large amount of your life up that the rest fits round it, after a few years you are institutionalised.In addition, usually all your friends etc are still working (or home with kids) either way they are no use to you !

While at college, I had tons of freetime, but tons of people around to share it with, which meant it was easy to fill.
    Last break I played golf a lot but it was summer time, in winter I would have been struggling.
    Weekends will tend to be ok so try to get away during the week. I had commitments but really fancied heading to Newquay, settling into a beach/cafe lifestyle while keeping an eye on the market via dial-up ! Makes you think a pied-a-terre somewhere warm would be good about now. But you have a bloke in tow so not really a goer.
    Spend an hour checking sites, sending emails/cv's, consider registering on a few sites too (I haven't done this but might next time as agencies are starting to ditch their own databases). You will get a few stupid calls, but they are easily side-stepped and at least the phone is ringing !!
    You are one call away from being back on the train (and wishing you weren't !) try to enjoy the time off !

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    And Im bored to tears!
    I suggest you take up a hobby such as found at

http://www.anna-craft.com/

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The first thousand years was okay, but by the end of it I have sworn to reward the agent who finds me a decent job with 1 mln gold coins.

After another thousand years it became rather boring and I have sworn to just let go in peace the agent who finds me a decent job.

And after yet another thousand years I have decided to kill the first agent who finds me a job.

I am still in a bottle on the bottom of an ocean.

threaded.

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    I've been off work for exactly 8 working days now, and I'm starting to go insane. I've got enough cash in the bank to last me until April at least, but I'm already starting to freak out.

And Im bored to tears!

Has anyone been through the same thing recently?
    The first year wasn't too bad, quite enjoyed it - the second year was a bit boring at times, but by the middle of the third, I was beginning to get a little worried about the money

hth

Leave a comment:

• ImNotFromIndia
    replied
    Dont you have panic days where you worry about cash and stuff?
    No, have enough to cover the next 2 or 3 years ... But I know how you feel. Been there when I initially started contracting. Built myself a little cushion, and now I'm not too worried.

Don't panic ...

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Take up knitting.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    I've been off work for exactly 8 working days now, and I'm starting to go insane. I've got enough cash in the bank to last me until April at least, but I'm already starting to freak out.

And Im bored to tears!

Has anyone been through the same thing recently?
    God! I'd love to have more "spare" time. Just in reading books, I think I've got a waiting list long enough to see me out of this mortal coil. The DIY always calls, though its song is the get-out-of-the way kind of siren. I'd love to sort my photographs and scan and photoshop the best of them. Had I a little cash as well as some time, I'd travel. Some learning wouldn't go amiss either: another language (non-European) would be fun. My bike is rusting from total lack of movement. I haven't bought a pair of hiking boots for years, don't seem to need them any more. I want to liston to some classical music, in peace at home, not on the trot on earphones. My web site is covered in dust. The garage is full, and not of vehicle. I do want to try a more serious, slow-paced sort of photography. I should really take some drawing classes to parallel the camera, and see how it's different (thinking of Ruskin's dictum that everybody should draw, however badly, in order to see better). I'll write letters sometime, while family and friends are still alive maybe. Perhaps even go and visit some.

Bored? How do you get that?

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Nothing wrong with being quick - some girls prefer the mess to the action
    you are a bloke with premature ejac. problem , aren't you ?

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    I know, but it takes a a couple of minutes to get undressed...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    That's not bad going - I'm normally there in about 30 seconds...

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    Atw can make it in 10 minutes
    That's not bad going - I'm normally there in about 30 seconds...

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    I'm afrad not But the need for you all to see my tits has got me well and truly prepared for my lad getting home in half an hour.

Thanks again
    Atw can make it in 10 minutes

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I'm afrad not But the need for you all to see my tits has got me well and truly prepared for my lad getting home in half an hour.

Thanks again

Action shot?

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied

Thanks again
    Incest. Eugh.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Nipple shot?

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X