• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK's least favourite motorway revealed as drivers brand it 'road to hell'"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I wondered what Anderson and Rooney did in training at Carrington.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Middle one is my image of Scooty.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    My big problem with the M25, especially between say the M4 and the A1, is the interminable number of gantries, most with speed cameras.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Next 5 years virtual reality will mean we won't travel to work. The robots will work in shops and drones will deliver our food and amazon orders.

Busy motorways will be a thing of the past, so governments are taking a long term view.

Think this is far fetched well already my Amazon echo can have an alarm set by voice command.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Next 5 years virtual reality will mean we won't travel to work. The robots will work in shops and drones will deliver our food and amazon orders.

Busy motorways will be a thing of the past, so governments are taking a long term view.

Think this is far fetched well already my Amazon echo can have an alarm set by voice command.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    May your struggle be short lived.
    It was actually.
    I was struggling to understand why you cared and then realised you are such a total muppet, I should never be surprised what you do

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Try building a motorway through an area which is either a national park or an AONB (and most of the bit between Portsmouth and Dover is one or the other), and see how far you get. Swampy and his ilk would have been in their element. A tube extension to the moon would have been child's play by comparison.
    So it's all moorland? Should be easy to dig a tunnel then. Norwegians tunnel through granite, what's our excuse?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Struggling to understand why the OP really GAS, he's Scottish, lives in Germany and doesn't have to endure using the M25 in any case
    May your struggle be short lived.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    UK's least favourite country: Scotland

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Struggling to understand why the OP really GAS, he's Scottish, lives in Germany and doesn't have to endure using the M25 in any case
    Spooner would refer to him as an obfoctious nuckwit...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The funding was not for MPs to spend on a jolly. In order to receive the funding, the government had to actually build a motorway, something which seems a rather difficult and longwinded task with compulsory purchase of land etc. The other part was political, especially with the Tory Government; they were embarrassed to admit that the UK were being funded to upgrade the UK's 3rd world road infrastructure.
    Try building a motorway through an area which is either a national park or an AONB (and most of the bit between Portsmouth and Dover is one or the other), and see how far you get. Swampy and his ilk would have been in their element. A tube extension to the moon would have been child's play by comparison.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Nice, wide bike lanes though....

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    No prizes for guessing, the M25 takes the crown. Just wait until the traffic servicing the third runway at Heathrow joins the party.
    Nice, wide bike lanes though....

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So in other words, we should have stumped up the cash to build it ourselves then rely on a "EU Pledge" to get our capital outlay back?
    Mmm...can't see any flaws in THAT logic. I mean the EU are "all over" honouring pledges. Much like their annual "pledge" to publish audited and properly costed accounts every year.
    Other countries manage to build motorways in stages and on time and receive the funding. In particular, local authorities have not got a good reputation of spending money on roads that have been allocated to them. The money gets spent elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The funding was not for MPs to spend on a jolly. In order to receive the funding, the government had to actually build a motorway, something which seems a rather difficult and longwinded task with compulsory purchase of land etc.
    So in other words, we should have stumped up the cash to build it ourselves then rely on a "EU Pledge" to get our capital outlay back?
    Mmm...can't see any flaws in THAT logic. I mean the EU are "all over" honouring pledges. Much like their annual "pledge" to publish audited and properly costed accounts every year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X