• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "European Union begins to unravel"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm sorry, who is my 'mate'?.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_(film)

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Unlike your mate, chemtrails are a right wing conspiracy, just like the anti-vaccination movement.

Donald Trump locks down the anti-vaccination, chemtrails vote | Washington Examiner
    I'm sorry, who is my 'mate'?.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I would love to hear your opinion on chemtrails.
    Unlike your mate, chemtrails are a right wing conspiracy, just like the anti-vaccination movement.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/do...rticle/2567773

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I would love to hear your opinion on chemtrails.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I read this sometime ago...

How the EU starves Africa into submission - CapX

the writer wrote a book on the subject with money from the Gates foundation.
    Oh dear...the author has links to Monsanto, there's a surprise...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...nrN/story.html

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Britain's finances worsen as deficit grows in September

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    1. Where do you get that figure from?
    2. Why does Africa import that much?
    I read this sometime ago...

How the EU starves Africa into submission - CapX

the writer wrote a book on the subject with money from the Gates foundation.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Africa imports 83% of its food, it's staggering really.

The whole continent is dependant on our farming technology yet you cling to easily disproved myths and the belief we are doing everything right at the moment and don't need science to help.

Crackpot
    1. Where do you get that figure from?
    2. Why does Africa import that much?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Ah, you have bought Monsanto's claims hook, line and sinker.

You really are a prize clown
    Africa imports 83% of its food, it's staggering really.

The whole continent is dependant on our farming technology yet you cling to easily disproved myths and the belief we are doing everything right at the moment and don't need science to help.

Crackpot

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    If we stopped using these products many hundreds of millions would be dead from starvation in a couple of years.

I don't have quaint little snowflake views on the 'environment'.
    Ah, you have bought Monsanto's claims hook, line and sinker.

You really are a prize clown

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Sure, depends on what you like to eat and whether you care about the environment I guess.

I don't eat them, well not knowingly at least.
    If we stopped using these products many hundreds of millions would be dead from starvation in a couple of years.

I don't have quaint little snowflake views on the 'environment'.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Seeds get treated before they are put down to the advantage of the buyer, ie the farmer.
    But the destruction of the natural ecosystem.

So the ones who don't benefit are those who rely on nature or have any concerns at all for it.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    This is standard Guardian language...

..giving the reader the impression that these companies are exploiting the world's hungry.

The chemical companies buy the seed and pre treat with the products they have created through their research. It results in a higher yield so farmers are only too happy to buy the product rather than going with standard untreated seed.

here is one of their corn products...

https://www.pioneer.com/home/site/us...ed-treatments/

I see this as progress.
    Sure, depends on what you like to eat and whether you care about the environment I guess.

I don't eat them, well not knowingly at least.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    This is standard Guardian language...

It found that 53% of the world's commercial seed market is controlled by just three firms – Monsanto, DuPont and Syngenta.
    ..giving the reader the impression that these companies are exploiting the world's hungry.

The chemical companies buy the seed and pre treat with the products they have created through their research. It results in a higher yield so farmers are only too happy to buy the product rather than going with standard untreated seed.

here is one of their corn products...

https://www.pioneer.com/home/site/us...ed-treatments/

I see this as progress.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Seeds get treated before they are put down to the advantage of the buyer, ie the farmer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X