• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thank Frack for that"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I'm sure I'm not alone in taking anything which comes from US lawyers with a huge pinch of salt.

I'm sure you're not, you're a big boy, its up to you to form your own opinions.

Given the huge American Co's behind GM foods and fracking, I also take what they say with a huge pinch of salt?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Try reading about the US experience.

The things is everyone is getting sold down the river, just like they were with GM foods.
    I'm sure I'm not alone in taking anything which comes from US lawyers with a huge pinch of salt.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Who here is old enough to rememeber British Caledonian? One of the best airline adverts, ever.....

http://https://youtu.be/P8y1CANyq-k
    Dead link.

My God, don't let anyone from gen snowflake see that. It's just SOO sexist

Try this:

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well it's not like you can afford to import it anymore with sterling crashing
    If we stand any chance of making Brexit work, we need a weak currency AND cheap/self-sufficient energy.

If we import energy with a the pound weak, we are fracked.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    we are just going to run the country with hot air from Bremoaners.

BP supergreen is People!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Government upholds fracking appeal in landmark ruling - BBC News

At last, some common sense. The UK needs cheap energy. And if Lancashire gets destroyed by an earthquake, it can only make the UK better.

I always thought the only good thing to come out of Lancashire was Michael Parkinson....
    You have obviously never enjoyed Fleetwood on a windy October evening waiting for t tram to go see t illumination

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    There's been no fracking yet, so how can there have been any water poisoning or cancer caused by fracking? I agree nuclear would be far better, but we can't make our minds up about one nuclear power station which is going to take 20 years and 40+ billion pounds to build (at today's prices, so add another 50 billion and you'll probably be near the final mark). Plus the deal we've struck with the French and Chinese means it will cost around 4 times more than conventional electricity over a 40 year period. I don't think we could have got much worse a deal if we'd just gone to Wonga.
    Try reading about the US experience.

The things is everyone is getting sold down the river, just like they were with GM foods.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Great.

What about the ground water poisoning and the cancers, can you explain those away too?
    I honestly believe nuclear would be safer.
    There's been no fracking yet, so how can there have been any water poisoning or cancer caused by fracking? I agree nuclear would be far better, but we can't make our minds up about one nuclear power station which is going to take 20 years and 40+ billion pounds to build (at today's prices, so add another 50 billion and you'll probably be near the final mark). Plus the deal we've struck with the French and Chinese means it will cost around 4 times more than conventional electricity over a 40 year period. I don't think we could have got much worse a deal if we'd just gone to Wonga.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Anyway, back to the point...

I bet the people who are complaining about cheap energy are probably descendants of those who thought electricity was going to kill them and their children (which if they lived in the wrong parts of the USA may have been technically correct).
    Anyway, my basic O level Geology suggests that layers of rock separated by gas is infinitely less stable than layers of rock separated by something a bit more solid than gas. So by pumping out the gas and replacing it with liquid seems quite sensible. So why the wailing about earthquakes? Some people just seem to want to follow old Moonbat into a cave, so why aren't we finding one for them? Problem is, they'll all be wanting a cave with central heating and electricity.

Great.

What about the ground water poisoning and the cancers, can you explain those away too?
    I honestly believe nuclear would be safer.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Anyway, back to the point...

I bet the people who are complaining about cheap energy are probably descendants of those who thought electricity was going to kill them and their children (which if they lived in the wrong parts of the USA may have been technically correct).
    Anyway, my basic O level Geology suggests that layers of rock separated by gas is infinitely less stable than layers of rock separated by something a bit more solid than gas. So by pumping out the gas and replacing it with liquid seems quite sensible. So why the wailing about earthquakes? Some people just seem to want to follow old Moonbat into a cave, so why aren't we finding one for them? Problem is, they'll all be wanting a cave with central heating and electricity.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    My mother is from Lancashire and most of her family still live there. I would not have you down as falling for such an obvious wind up. I was just trying to toady up to the Yorkshire brigade.....

And when his wife was giving birth in Lancashire he drove her to Yorkshire to give birth. One of his children was at the school I attended - I think he was head boy. A good chap. His dad attended parents evening one time.

Same child worked for a company I worked for. Again, thoroughly nice bloke.
    For that alone, you disgust me.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    My mother is from Lancashire and most of her family still live there. I would not have you down as falling for such an obvious wind up. I was just trying to toady up to the Yorkshire brigade.....

And when his wife was giving birth in Lancashire he drove her to Yorkshire to give birth. One of his children was at the school I attended - I think he was head boy. A good chap. His dad attended parents evening one time.

Touche, good darts etc.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Never had you down as a complete and utter shirt front BP.

Plenty of good things to come out of Lancashire.

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
    He's from South Yorkshire, just saying.......Link

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Government upholds fracking appeal in landmark ruling - BBC News

At last, some common sense. The UK needs cheap energy.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nostradamus McCartney and Lennon:
    Shame Lennon was talking about potholes, so not really relevant

Leave a comment:

Working...
X