• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "recommendations for business bank account?"

Collapse

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    I am with Santander, but an old business customer with free banking.
    If you open an account today you do have to pay.
    Never had a problem dealing with them.
    When I opened my Santander account some years ago, they didn't send me a business card to operate the ATM. That meant I had no way to pay a cheque in. They then claimed that I had said on the form that I had said I didn't want one (which you can't do). Then they said they had lost the application form when I asked for a copy of it under the DPA (I got the original from the branch - no way to decline a card, and no where had I written anything that said I didn't want one). Then they got the password wrong on the internet banking, and when I rang in allowed me to change the password over the phone with only minimal security.

After that, I wasn't too keen to stay with them.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    I am with Santander, but an old business customer with free banking.
    If you open an account today you do have to pay.
    Never had a problem dealing with them.

Leave a comment:

• m0n1k3r
    replied
    Originally posted by dwater View Post
    Can anyone recommend a bank for my ltd company business account, other than HSBC?

I found this, so I'll look into those pending any recommendations from individuals :

<http://www.contractoruk.com/money/free_business_bank_account.html>
    If you need the full range of services then Barclays is the best option.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Metrobank?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Any reason to not go with the ones recommended on this site? eg Cashplus or Cardone banking?

TBH, I've not heard of either of them...I've heard of Barclays, of course - that's the other one listed on this site's page, but the others look like a better deal.

Max.
    Dunno about Cardone but wasn't cashplus aimed at people with poor credit scores?

I'm with Santander and I'm being charged now but still won't move. It's been very good for the last 8 years or so of using it. I hear their customer service was supposed to be a bit of a shambles but bar locking myself out of my account a few times I've never needed them.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Deutsche Bank.
    Why not buy a few shares in DB just to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Santander used to offer free business banking - worth taking a look.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    I'm happy with Metrobank

Leave a comment:

• dwater
    replied
    Any reason to not go with the ones recommended on this site? eg Cashplus or Cardone banking?

TBH, I've not heard of either of them...I've heard of Barclays, of course - that's the other one listed on this site's page, but the others look like a better deal.
    Last edited by dwater; 3 October 2016, 18:36.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I'm waiting for these guys to open a banking arm.

Contact Us | Gladiator Insurance

Leave a comment:

• dwater
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Go with who ever is handling your personal banking as it will be so much easier, most of the transfers you care about are between YourCo and You so make that the easiest transaction
    Unfortunately, I've had enough of that bank. I'll be moving my personal account to where my business account will be, if that is possible.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Check they are Gladiator friendly before you apply else you'll be wasting a lot of time.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Go with who ever is handling your personal banking as it will be so much easier, most of the transfers you care about are between YourCo and You so make that the easiest transaction

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Can anyone recommend a bank for my ltd company business account, other than HSBC?
    Deutsche Bank.

Leave a comment:

• dwater
    started a topic recommendations for business bank account?

recommendations for business bank account?

I found this, so I'll look into those pending any recommendations from individuals :

<http://www.contractoruk.com/money/free_business_bank_account.html>

Working...
X