• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are they moaning about?"

Collapse

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Some gyms are £20 per month.

So £20 added to SFA is still SFA.

Plus if you live in a city and it snows you cannot run the days after it snows because of the ice.
    1. £20 extra savings on £100 is 20% increase.
    2. Plus if you live in a city and it snows you cannot run the days after it snows because of the ice.
    3. Work as a cleaner locally instead of commuting into London.

Evee - unemployed childcare worker
    Emma - Charity Fundraiser
    Jenny - full-time youth charity worker

Seriously, anyone still living with their parents and can't save is either paying full rent or has to enter the real world. Parents should fully support their kids going off to University and then take the opportunity to downsize to make sure they don't move back.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    All they need is a good agent, if they want to be taken, like a lamb to the slaughter, as a first timer

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    All they need is a good agent
    They had better keep looking if they want a good one then....

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Of course young men can sell their bodies, sex work is out there for anyone.
    All they need is a good agent

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    More young men live at home than young women but instead of talking about if they get too miserable they will top themselves.

So yeah we can take the p*ss out of these young women but at least by talking about their problems, they aren't going to do what young men do in the same situation.
    About the same as men/women attitudes to divorce.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Although the Beeb may not have chosen very wisely with the 4 women interviewed, I suspect they're fairly representative. I have two kids, both in their twenties now, and life is a bit tulip and hard for them. Boo hoo I hear you say! Well fair enough. I'm sure you're kids are amazing, their primary teacher just couldn't believe how advanced they were compared to the rest of their peers yada yada.

I read the article all ready to post some smarty-arse sarcastic comments but came away feeling quite glum.
    More young men live at home than young women but instead of talking about if they get too miserable they will top themselves.

So yeah we can take the p*ss out of these young women but at least by talking about their problems, they aren't going to do what young men do in the same situation.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 23 September 2016, 18:25.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    True so maybe on those days you have to go without.....

Ooooh there you go I said it......

Sometimes daddy's little princess cannot get everything she wants.....

Its such a cruel cruel world.
    If you are a member of a £20 gym and the 2 chains I'm thinking of the cost is something like £18 a month, there is no need.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Stupid of me, but forgot to mention this earlier...

My youngest brother is 26 and has set up a property and maintenance business with a friend, completely on their own.

They stand to make 40K profit and it's their first year.

Agreed, they have had some luck, but absolute proof it can be done.

Actually, that reminds me, the little sod owes me £350

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    My daughter's 20 and currently at uni. Not sure what she thinks about moving out, but she treats the place like a hotel anyway. Not even worrying about it until she's got a job after she graduates.

That said, I'd be interested to know what the income versus expenditure figures are. That aside, this quote just smacks of a complete lack of planning:

The 27-year-old recently moved to Gorleston-on-Sea in Norfolk with her partner, and is currently unemployed.

Although she had a career in childcare before she moved, Evee said she was worried about "starting from scratch".

"I don't know what schools are looking for here so it sets me back a bit," she said. "I don't have any contacts around here, and so I have to jump in head first which makes me nervous."
    Moving to somewhere where you want to get a job, don't know anybody and don't know the market? Naïve to say the least.

Just read even further down and this is a belter:

"I pay my mum rent because she doesn't have the funds to pay for a deposit for me."

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Although the Beeb may not have chosen very wisely with the 4 women interviewed, I suspect they're fairly representative. I have two kids, both in their twenties now, and life is a bit tulip and hard for them. Boo hoo I hear you say! Well fair enough. I'm sure you're kids are amazing, their primary teacher just couldn't believe how advanced they were compared to the rest of their peers yada yada.

I read the article all ready to post some smarty-arse sarcastic comments but came away feeling quite glum.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Might note all those poor girls had tulip jobs. I don't see any female it contractors bitching about making end meet
    Nor do I and we have plenty of them here.
    Most who have got into it and succeeded at it by shear hard work.

Looking at all of the women complaining about their lot, I don't know why there are no men, not one mentions retraining to enable them to get into something else

Emma works full-time in London as a charity fundraiser, but the cost of accommodation in the capital is still too expensive for her to move out of her mum's house in Hertfordshire.
    Chugger?

Jenny, a full-time youth charity worker, said young women in particular often believed they had to meet all the requirements in a job advert before applying for it - which often prevented them from pursuing career opportunities.
    Great doing all this work for charidee, but people have to realise that part of your labour is really free, that's why the pay is so bad.
    Unless you are a charity director, of course

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Might note all those poor girls had tulip jobs. I don't see any female it contractors bitching about making end meet

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Plus if you live in a city and it snows you cannot run the days after it snows because of the ice.
    True so maybe on those days you have to go without.....

Ooooh there you go I said it......

Sometimes daddy's little princess cannot get everything she wants.....

Its such a cruel cruel world.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Sadly these young people will just moan to the bbc. Instead of emulating Guy Fawkes. The last man with honourable intentions to enter parliament.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So point 1 dump the gym membership and run the streets save some money there I guess?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X