• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rent a Demo - Black Lives Matter - Spot the Black Man"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Next time I rent a mob, I'll put in the tender spec that they need to black up.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I agree 100% - A few years back British Midland also flew from Manchester to London but now it's just BA. All their flights use Heathrow which is a PITA to use especially if you are working in Canary Wharf or the city. The last time I checked they has just 2 planes that got to Heathrow before 9am - and one of them landed at 8.55 so there was no way you could get to the City or CW before 9. Compare that to other regions - there are plenty that fly in and out of City just nothing serving the Northern Powermouse!
    Correct and with £140 the going rate for a Monday morning MAN-EUS ticket, there's plenty of room for an airborne competitor.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    It's on the Woolwich Arsenal branch of the DLR. Would be handy if they flew to/from Manchester. The only Manchester to London flight is to Heathrow - by the time you've got into London, the Pendolino has arrived, turned round and passed Milton Keynes on the way back!
    I agree 100% - A few years back British Midland also flew from Manchester to London but now it's just BA. All their flights use Heathrow which is a PITA to use especially if you are working in Canary Wharf or the city. The last time I checked they has just 2 planes that got to Heathrow before 9am - and one of them landed at 8.55 so there was no way you could get to the City or CW before 9. Compare that to other regions - there are plenty that fly in and out of City just nothing serving the Northern Powermouse!

Leave a comment:

• westtester
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The Oxford student who 'posed as a minstrel', an organic farmer and Ralph Fiennes’ cousin: The Middle class faces behind Black Lives Matter group that brought City Airport to a standstill

Nine people charged after Black Lives Matter protest at London City Airport | Daily Mail Online

Oh you couldn't make it up.

"Actor Richard Collett-White, 23, from Kempston, Bedfordshire, who is also among those charged, was the Junior Common Room president at Oxford's Exeter College when it was closed indefinitely because of the mess.
    Alex Etchart claims to have been involved with and inspired by Occupy London and Balcombe anti-fracking Community Camp
    He was also a member of the Oxford University Association Croquet Club and a member of Oxfordshire Green Party.
    Sama Baka, 27, Sam Lund-Harket, 32, and Alex Etchart, 26 - who all live in a houseboat on the River Stort, Roydon - have also been charged."
    I think the best contribution to the environment these chunts could make is to be ploughed into a field somewhere. What a bunch of

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    "I'm so green I live on a houseboat!"

The fact mummy and daddy have a large, lovely warm house means they can escape from it in the deepest winter.

Total bunch of chunts, undoubtedly from the same stock as those muppets bleating on about lack of donations for the Calais "cause"

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The Oxford student who 'posed as a minstrel', an organic farmer and Ralph Fiennes’ cousin: The Middle class faces behind Black Lives Matter group that brought City Airport to a standstill

Nine people charged after Black Lives Matter protest at London City Airport | Daily Mail Online

"Actor Richard Collett-White, 23, from Kempston, Bedfordshire, who is also among those charged, was the Junior Common Room president at Oxford's Exeter College when it was closed indefinitely because of the mess.
    Alex Etchart claims to have been involved with and inspired by Occupy London and Balcombe anti-fracking Community Camp
    He was also a member of the Oxford University Association Croquet Club and a member of Oxfordshire Green Party.
    Sama Baka, 27, Sam Lund-Harket, 32, and Alex Etchart, 26 - who all live in a houseboat on the River Stort, Roydon - have also been charged."
    "I'm so green I live on a houseboat!"

The fact mummy and daddy have a large, lovely warm house means they can escape from it in the deepest winter.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It's on the Woolwich Arsenal branch of the DLR. Would be handy if they flew to/from Manchester. The only Manchester to London flight is to Heathrow - by the time you've got into London, the Pendolino has arrived, turned round and passed Milton Keynes on the way back!
    City is good for flights to Europe e.g. Germany, Luxembourg and it has a quick check-in.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I think there is an opportunity here. If I can get together a hardcore of protesters I could then approach all the protest groups and for a "small fee" (say 20% of their benefits) represent their causes whilst carrying out direct action activities

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Ah, despite hearing City Airport, I still thought it was at Heathrow.

Can you get a tube to City Airport? Heathrow is a bugger to get to for ethical protesting.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Can you get a tube to City Airport? Heathrow is a bugger to get to for ethical protesting.
    Stop digging.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Why Heathrow?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I'd ask them how they got to Heathrow in the first place.

I'll wager that it wasn't by bus...
    Why Heathrow?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Got a future in management there, judging by that bollocks quote.
    Sounds more like a moderator.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    It was also protest against climate change

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-lives-matter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X