• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm selling my stocks"

Collapse

• sirja
    replied
    Seems to a good idea to be in cash till much later in the year. A lot of indicators are pointing to a correction between Sep and November in the US and that generally dove tails in Europe. There should be some good buying opportunities around early December.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Well , all i'm saying its not looking like the end of a rally. There's no symptoms of that.
    WHEN THE SHOESHINE BOYS TALK STOCKS IT WAS A GREAT SELL SIGNAL IN 1929. SO WHAT ARE THE SHOESHINE BOYS TALKING ABOUT NOW? - April 15, 1996

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Stocks overpriced already, they won't be able to maintain high dividend yields.
    Well , all i'm saying its not looking like the end of a rally. There's no symptoms of that.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    i think you're right.

The Autumn Fair is on this weekend , which is a massive trade show where all UK shops make orders for next year. I've now received three seperate emails from companies saying that due to Brexit, they're holding prices until next week & then are putting prices up by 15%. This is because all companies have already bought stock, but now anything new is going to be impacted by the drop in sterling to USD as all imports are calculated in dollars.

The China fair is in October, so give it to the new year before retail sales fall off a cliff.
    I think you are being lied to

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Yeah, stuff today like "Consumer confidence 'improves in August'" and "'Slight pick-up' in house price growth".

DOOOOOOM!
    The UK is 3-4% of the world economy. Shortly to decline a bit more.
    I doubt what happens here will affect the bigger picture either way in the long run.
    I have quite a bit stashed in an Asain growth fund for the long term.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Can't be far off now. The tremors, so to speak, seem to be increasing in frequency and intensity! ...
    Yeah, stuff today like "Consumer confidence 'improves in August'" and "'Slight pick-up' in house price growth".

DOOOOOOM!

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    That said I'm on the lookout for a bargain - barclays seems like a good deal ,but it goes up slowly
    I was a dirty permie at Barclays until Summer last year and therefore my employee shares cashed in at quite a high level. The slide towards oblivion coincided with the day I handed my notice in.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    the stocks are still cheap and it didn't get ridiculous yet.
    Stocks overpriced already, they won't be able to maintain high dividend yields.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    So what you're suggesting is that now that I've finally taken the plunge and opened a stocks and shares ISA with HL and pumped 50% into a Vanguard Lifestrategy 100% fund and 50% into a Fundsmith fund, that it is all going downhill from here?
    Sold my fundsmith just before the 20% surge :S Other than that taken all profits already and keeping just that one stock that will go up regardless of market condition (I'm prepared to wait a few years though).

I'm thinking the bull market will carry on though , the stocks are still cheap and it didn't get ridiculous yet.

That said I'm on the lookout for a bargain - barclays seems like a good deal ,but it goes up slowly

Leave a comment:

• vadhert
    replied
    With the election round the corner the ponzi pump can only suffer a malfunction.

A few 2016 Britannia's sounds tempting with a correction coming in metals.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I have British Empire stocks so I'm safe.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Calling the top of the bull market. ...
    Can't be far off now. The tremors, so to speak, seem to be increasing in frequency and intensity! ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Even your shares in gold diggers and property companies?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I call top on Dow at around 18,600 which it hit a few weeks back, and FTSE at ~6900 which has also been hit. Perhaps not Germany yet.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Speculation!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X