• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Somewhat heartwarming"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's even on the bbc. Finding Gobi: Runner reunited with marathon companion dog - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Morning Malcolm, great story!
    Especially because around the dog's neck was a message offering 6 months .NET at £800 per day.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    I thought this was going to be a heartwarming story involving a dog.

There was one in the Times this morning but I can't link to it

It involves a Scottish ultra marathon runner who was joined by a stray dog whilst running in China & he stuck with him right through to the end.

He vowed to take the dog back to the uk & left him with a Chinese friend until he returned back from the uk with all the paperwork etc.

Dog goes then missing & our runner assumes he's ended up in no. 35 at the local chop suey house.

Dog turns up some weeks later in a local park & the pair are reunited & are now together in Edinburgh.

That's heartwarming.
    Morning Malcolm, great story!

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    I thought this was going to be a heartwarming story involving a dog.

There was one in the Times this morning but I can't link to it

It involves a Scottish ultra marathon runner who was joined by a stray dog whilst running in China & he stuck with him right through to the end.

He vowed to take the dog back to the uk & left him with a Chinese friend until he returned back from the uk with all the paperwork etc.

Dog goes then missing & our runner assumes he's ended up in no. 35 at the local chop suey house.

Dog turns up some weeks later in a local park & the pair are reunited & are now together in Edinburgh.

That's heartwarming.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Something akin to the Bat Signal, but projecting tulip a rather than a bat?
    First we had Brexit, now The Shignal

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Something akin to the Bat Signal, but projecting a tulip rather than a bat?
    Last edited by SlipTheJab; 26 August 2016, 10:53.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Ouija board, carrier pigeon, message stuck behind radiator?

https://youtu.be/MA2KmJMKFrQ
    Fantasy island. Boss the plane, the plane.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Ouija board, carrier pigeon, message stuck behind radiator?

https://youtu.be/MA2KmJMKFrQ
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 26 August 2016, 07:52.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

You can't even PM me for details as the pimp is one of those that doesn't send contact details.
    What? No address? No company name? No agent name? How does he contact you - whispers in an underground carpark on your way back from shopping?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Somewhat heartwarming

Somewhat heartwarming

Gig I was put forward 2 months ago, data migration - absolute shoe in for it.
    Agent puts me forward, then comes back to me for rate. I Know, schoolboy error on both parts... I give rate.

Last I hear of it.....

Until today from the same agent. "The same role has gone live"

Or "Data migration is a pigs ear and they need another patsy and are now prepared to pay a bit more".

You can't even PM me for details as the pimp is one of those that doesn't send contact details.

Working...
X