• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gravel, gravel everywhere"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    bullsheeeeeeeet!

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by dirtydog View Post

cheeky sod! I am none of those people
    bullsheeeeeeeet!

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Right you are Old Hack, Zoiderman, Dirty Dog et al.

The hypocrisy is staggering!
    Cheeky sod! I am none of those people

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    The horse will probably drown though.
    Horses can swim especially if they chuck off their rider first.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Have you spent any time in Holland in the last ten years or so, contracting perhaps? That's great for cycling.

A CUKker called threaded, based in Holland, used to regale us with his cycling adventures. ...
    Whatever happened to threaded? I thought he was based in Denmark though. Bored the tits off me either way.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

I do one every year. Did the London to Bath ride last year.

This one is slightly less onerous at 60 miles. Should be a pleasant route though.
    Have you spent any time in Holland in the last ten years or so, contracting perhaps? That's great for cycling.

A CUKker called threaded, based in Holland, used to regale us with his cycling adventures. ...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

This one is slightly less onerous at 60 miles. Should be a pleasant route though.
    Sockie, deffo. Mildly less obnoxious than some of the previous incarnations, but ban-fodder nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And you want sponsoring?

If you're going to do something sporty, why not take a cue from your forum name, which is an anagram of "Swam Pentathlon".

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    And you want sponsoring?

If you're going to do something sporty, why not take a cue from your forum name, which is an anagram of "Swam Pentathlon".
    The horse will probably drown though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    A bit of research.

One word; Wedmore.
    Yeah sockie.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Would now be an opportune moment to mention that I'm doing the Palace to Palace bicycle challenge next month?
    And you want sponsoring?

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Er, if you've only recently joined, how do you know all those CUK user names from years ago? I don't recall any of them posting for ages.
    A bit of research.

One word; Wedmore.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    MrMarkyMark is marginally less irritating that this latest one from the Buggeridge stable. I can't see it lasting long.
    Nice to know, although, in reality I'm a genuine living irritant, unlike these sockies.

Glad to know all my efforts haven't been in vain NAT, very rewarding

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Right you are Old Hack, Zoiderman, Dirty Dog et al.

The hypocrisy is staggering!
    Er, if you've only recently joined, how do you know all those CUK user names from years ago? I don't recall any of them posting for ages.

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    MrMarkyMark is marginally less irritating that this latest one from the Buggeridge stable. I can't see it lasting long.
    Would now be an opportune moment to mention that I'm doing the Palace to Palace bicycle challenge next month?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X