• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Corbyn pledges bus service reforms"

Collapse

• Eirikur
    replied
    https://02varvara.wordpress.com/2011...bus-in-moscow/

Corbyn's idea of how busses should look like

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Passengers travelling from London to Newcastle surely cannot be "commuters". Mind you, everything else in the Grauniad is complete lefty bollix, so no change there then...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Whenever I hear anyone suggest that Corbyn is the answer, I have to wonder just what they thought the question was.
    Except here of course, for fullyautomatix is clearly being sarcastic.

Don't underestimate him, he's thicker than my old mums bolognese

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

The man has the right ideas to get this country going again.
    Whenever I hear anyone suggest that Corbyn is the answer, I have to wonder just what they thought the question was.
    Except here of course, for fullyautomatix is clearly being sarcastic.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This time it's different.
    yeah this time when we sell it off some ex KGB officer will buy BR and build huge basements under the stations.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    That'll be nice. I'll look forward to it. But i'm not holding my breath
    We have some lovely rolling stock with disabled toilets in them from the 90's down round London - Southern has them and I'm sure a few more operators do. So I suspect you can have them as they are extending all the trains in London and SE to 10-12 coach trains so will want different rolling stock.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I just renewed my Annual Dublin commute train + tram season ticket. I have a 20 km journey into town and the annual cost is €1,760, which is paid out of pre-tax income for all PAYE employees, self-employed etc. Pretty good deal and I expect there are better deals to be had in continental Europe.
    Can't they just give you a postie round nearer to your caravan?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You missed the 70s then?
    This time it's different.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    TBH I bet they're spotless. I doubt anyone has ever considered the possibility that there's a chance they would even reach a bog on a pacer train, even if they knew about it in the first place. I thought that was why the whole floor was wrapped in heavy duty lino.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    you might have to with the Pacers toilets.
    TBH I bet they're spotless. I doubt anyone has ever considered the possibility that there's a bog on a pacer train. I thought that was why the whole floor was wrapped in heavy duty lino.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Look at all that wasted space right round him!

Shame they couldn't have stacked a few tons of pallets on top of him, to really make the best use of it!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Also, if a lot more freight was sent by rail, the railway companies would have an easy source of income and would consequently despise the parasite passengers, with all their ridiculous demands for comfort and promptness, even more than they do already!
    Like this you mean:-

Corbyn joins seatless commuters on floor for three-hour train journey | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

A lot more freight on the railways isn't going to help passenger services run on time.

If it were cost effective to send things by rail things would be sent by rail. Once you factor in the extra cost of unloading and loading onto an HGV at either end it can't be economic compared to simply driving the HGV from the factory to where the goods are needed (making extra money smuggling immigrants along the way). I agree it'd be great if you could get lorries off the roads (slow drivers too), but it's not likely to happen.
    Also, if a lot more freight was sent by rail, the railway companies would have an easy source of income and would consequently despise the parasite passengers, with all their ridiculous demands for comfort and promptness, even more than they do already!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Sack them
    You missed the 70s then?

While you were dragging people off to Gulags we were watching most workers milling round oil drums chanting.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Unions.
    Sack them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X