• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hobbies / Crazes of Yesteryear"

Collapse

• DallasDad
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Because this post has black things n white things in it must be racist or something....

Nice eggs though!

:-)
    Well the white(ish) ones were sex linked hybrids so I knew they would all turn out to be Boys so they were all given coloured rings and named after Curries
    Korma (Yellow Curry) is the only one of his 5 brothers to survive he is now the current flock alpha.

The two black ones were also boys in fact all these were.

They were all very tasty.

Anyway getting semi sort of back on topic
    Chicken keeping is a relatively post war pastime takeover thing, before WWII it was equally common to find Duck eggs for sale.
    The buggers are less obliging though dropping their eggs anywhere.

Duck Eggs are fantastic in Cakes there are 6 in the one below but bloody horrible (odd texture) when scrambled!

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Xmas
    twice a year here.

Swmbo did a full Xmas Turkey roast a few weeks ago including Pigs in Blankets, Sprouts & Xmas pudding with Brandy butter, just for a laugh.
    I knew someone who did that but went all the way with decorations, presents & all the trimmings.

Even blacked out the windows and got a portable air con unit to make it feel like a cold winters day as they toasted themselves in front of the fire.

It was 25 degrees outside...

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Xmas
    twice a year here.

Swmbo did a full Xmas Turkey roast a few weeks ago including Pigs in Blankets, Sprouts & Xmas pudding with Brandy butter, just for a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Woo-hoo! Missed Christmas somehow! Result :-)
    So, you don't remember what you and FLC got up to at th CUK Christmas do?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Oh god it's Easter already.
    Woo-hoo! Missed Christmas somehow! Result :-)

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Oh god it's Easter already.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Actually there are still plenty of those around and Blue ones
    These were part of my last Hatch

And here are just some of the results

Cute!

You should have recorded them and put them on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Because this post has black things n white things in it must be racist or something....

Nice eggs though!

:-)

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    White eggs

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Walking around with your flies down ("Flying low") ?

Could imagine I'd fancy sticking it out for long.

No, diving/shoving others into hedges. Worked great so long as you check there's no fencing in the middle of the hedge first

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    .. apart from in playgrounds _and_ anywhere near horse chestnut trees, because a conker might fall out of the tree and hit someone on the head!

(You couldn't make it up, and I'm not.)
    Is it me or are conkers just not like they used to be All the ones in my areas during conker season are shrivelled up little stones as opposed to one like my solid round one that I once managed to get a sevener with after soaking it in vinegar over night.

Ahhh...those were the days...happy happy

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Conkers will be back in a couple of months (apart from in playgrounds, thanks to the H&S brigade!)

.. apart from in playgrounds _and_ anywhere near horse chestnut trees, because a conker might fall out of the tree and hit someone on the head!

(You couldn't make it up, and I'm not.)

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    My lad got a new one down in Cornwall in the summer. I left him and the guy behind the counter to it. Not sure it was the best thing to do - it was a bit of an upgrade on the £30 one that he had before it.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Hedge-hopping ..
    Walking around with your flies down ("Flying low") ?

Being used as the TV remote to go and change between the 3/4 channels ..
    Didn't your family use a bamboo stick?

A landlord of mine could unfailingly hit a channel button with his 15 foot long bamboo pole when he was a pissed as a pudding!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Always pined after a Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp with Slimeball Vomit wheels, never did get one.

qh
    My lad got a new one down in Cornwall in the summer. I left him and the guy behind the counter to it. Not sure it was the best thing to do - it was a bit of an upgrade on the £30 one that he had before it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X