• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Perm benefits- this is the best one I've heard!"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Yeah but they could be giving you an HP Elite book or god forbid a Fujitsu lifebook

Not having to put up with HP,Dell,Fuji,Lenovo crapware is a benefit.
    I almost always P2V clientco laptop to a VM on iMac and MBP, not been caught yet since 2006 and if I do get caught now IDGAF cos I can even cover up my korn shell history - I am that good.....

Current clientco is BYOD so no issue.

I'm a Maverick, me...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Some places list having a new Macbook worth £2K as a perk. The fact that you need it to do your work is ignored.
    In my recent short tenure as a permie they were offering an iPad as a perk. They were reluctant to hand it over so I insisted, took it out of the box, switched it on and then didn't use it out of principle, although I was never entirely sure what the principle was.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Some places list having a new Macbook worth £2K as a perk. The fact that you need it to do your work is ignored.
    Yeah but they could be giving you an HP Elite book or god forbid a Fujitsu lifebook

Not having to put up with HP,Dell,Fuji,Lenovo crapware is a benefit.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Nah it's a Ford Ka as they need to be able to insure everyone.
    In which case I'm out.

I can still remember almost killing myself in a pool car years ago. It was a non turbo diesel rover and I pulled out of a side road with what I thought was a safe 100 meter gap and nothing happened

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    What if your birthday is on a weekend or a public holiday... be a shame to miss out on that fantastic perk, do they also list having a chair and desk as a perk?

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Got to be fair the agent is trying..... 25 days holiday (yes standard). Day off on your birthday (so 26 days then I'll take my birthday off if I want).

Heres the best one - USE OF POOL CAR. Are they serious? So they want you to go somewhere during the working day and its a perk to be allowed to use a pool car? I'd rather use my own car and get 45p a mile thanks.
    What if your birthday is on a weekend or a public holiday... be a shame to miss out on that fantastic perk, do they also list having a chair and desk as a perk?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    If its Aston Martin or Maclaren that might be a benefit worth having. But baring in mind my speed snafu in the other thread I should probable stick to a push bike
    Nah it's a Ford Ka as they need to be able to insure everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Got to be fair the agent is trying..... 25 days holiday (yes standard). Day off on your birthday (so 26 days then I'll take my birthday off if I want).

Heres the best one - USE OF POOL CAR. Are they serious? So they want you to go somewhere during the working day and its a perk to be allowed to use a pool car? I'd rather use my own car and get 45p a mile thanks.
    If its Aston Martin or Maclaren that might be a benefit worth having. But baring in mind my speed snafu in the other thread I should probable stick to a push bike

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I thought you had two buses each way to get there, or has your Motability grant come through?
    Can't be using buses. We've not seen a post asking us to decide which one to catch at what time.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Half day? 10 mins butti
    I thought you had two buses each way to get there, or has your Motability grant come through?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Or flexible working one half day per fortnight for signing on.
    Half day? 10 mins butti

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied

Tempted then?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    52 weeks holiday per year on full pay is the perk I want.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Why can't companies give perks we'd really like, like free lap dancing club onsite?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    MM did you design this yourself? :-)
    No Bud, just found it online

Leave a comment:

Working...
X