• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Johnny Lydon on TV last night"

Collapse

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    IIRC he was the only Pistol who had previous musical tuition.
    I believe it was Matlock who came up with all the "melodies". Jones is a pretty good guitarist though Viscious couldn't play at all.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    A Brexiter too, by all accounts...

Working class culture has been totally screwed. Have they been sold a false message? They don’t get told nothing.

We are the great consistent that makes this great country tick. We are the Brits. We have all been voting for something. Either way you look at it, is not going to be beneficial initially but it is a nice idea to take back our country.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    IIRC he was the only Pistol who had previous musical tuition.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Saw him live at WGT this year as PiL, not a band I would normally go see but as I was there I thought why not!

He did seem a little bemused as to why he was playing at a Goth festival, but he seems musically technical, my overall impression was “Space Cadet”

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sid told you then.
    from the horses mouth

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I heard it from one of he members of the sex pistols .. so there . sid vicious was the nice guy
    Sid told you then.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I hear the opposite actually from the music industry, but I suppose that doesn't mean much.

I remember spotting Peter Hook at various gigs in Manchester in the early eighties, too scared to approach him because of his reputation for twatting people, I loved Joy Division and he'd bonked a few punters on the head with his bass several times when things kicked off....

When I finally did speak to him at a gig mid 90's I think he was the nicest bloke ever! And everything I've read about him since kinda confirms that.

See, in those days you couldn't Google 'Is Peter Hook hard in real life?' so you'd no idea, only heresay...
    I heard it from one of he members of the sex pistols .. so there . sid vicious was the nice guy

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Late Bolton comic Bob Williamson had a brush with Lydon and the Pistols.......

"His most bizarre brush with fame came when he appeared on a radio show with The Sex Pistols.

When their booking at Manchester’s Midland Hotel was cancelled, Bob invited the punks back to his Bolton home. He woke the next morning with a hangover expecting to find his living room trashed. Instead he found the musicians busily washing dishes, hoovering and tidying up. They event left a box of chocolates as an apology for disturbing his wife."

Hope that was true!
    Quality euphemism

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    according to people who have grown up with him he is a nasty piece of work
    Late Bolton comic Bob Williamson had a brush with Lydon and the Pistols.......

"His most bizarre brush with fame came when he appeared on a radio show with The Sex Pistols.

When their booking at Manchester’s Midland Hotel was cancelled, Bob invited the punks back to his Bolton home. He woke the next morning with a hangover expecting to find his living room trashed. Instead he found the musicians busily washing dishes, hoovering and tidying up. They event left a box of chocolates as an apology for disturbing his wife."

Hope that was true!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Doesn't he advertise something?
    Butter and Sex Pistols albums

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Who is Johnny Lydon again? Some steam train enthusiast?
    Doesn't he advertise something?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I hear the opposite actually from the music industry, but I suppose that doesn't mean much.

I remember spotting Peter Hook at various gigs in Manchester in the early eighties, too scared to approach him because of his reputation for twatting people, I loved Joy Division and he'd bonked a few punters on the head with his bass several times when things kicked off....

When I finally did speak to him at a gig mid 90's I think he was the nicest bloke ever! And everything I've read about him since kinda confirms that.

See, in those days you couldn't Google 'Is Peter Hook hard in real life?' so you'd no idea, only heresay...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Who is Johnny Lydon again? Some steam train enthusiast?

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    started a topic Johnny Lydon on TV last night

Johnny Lydon on TV last night

Do you think they needed to tether him down to stop him from blowing away?

Looked like somebody had inserted an air line up his rear end.

PS John, I do think you are over egging the "national treasure" pudding just a little bit too much

Working...
X