• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Smokers fume as France mulls ban on 'too cool' Gitanes and Gauloises"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Mmmm, pubs and smoking. Yep, I can still do that
    Then thank goodness I'm not there!

I guess that the ones complaining are smokers. The smell of BO and farts aren't in the pubs I go to.

I can can come out not smelling like an ashtray though.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Mmmm, pubs and smoking. Yep, I can still do that

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    ^ I would have, but have an aversion to alcoholics as well.
    You are probably the sort of person who said that you would go to the pub if they banned smoking - but you never did.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You mean those empty pubs which are now building sites? Pubs now smell of BO and farts, so much so that even non-smokers can't stand it. Be very careful what you wish for...
    Not the pubs I am visiting...

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    ^ I would have, but have an aversion to alcoholics as well.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    You mean those empty pubs which are now building sites? Pubs now smell of BO and farts, so much so that even non-smokers can't stand it. Be very careful what you wish for...
    Yes, remember how people would be flocking to pubs in their droves after the ban? People who had previously avoided pubs owing to their aversion to tobacco smoke.

I don't think I've met a single person in that category. Ever.

Once again, the wisdom of "experts"

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Smokers still have a choice, nobody banned tobacco yet, but why allow companies who profit from deaths to hook up more and more people??? Smoking is a preventable bad habit.

After smoking ban in UK pubs and streets much nicer, only people in Treasury are weeping at the loss of money from taxes and longer lives of people who stopped smoking.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What is the world coming to?!

2016-07-20 Smokers fume as France mulls ban on 'too cool' Gitanes and Gauloises

A lot of French people will be mightily peed off with the EU if this petty and vindictive measure is brought into effect, and rightly so!
    but not Disque Bleu?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yes it certainly does, but as others have subsequently pointed out, smokers have a choice.
    Smokers still have a choice, nobody banned tobacco yet, but why allow companies who profit from deaths to hook up more and more people??? Smoking is a preventable bad habit.

After smoking ban in UK pubs and streets much nicer, only people in Treasury are weeping at the loss of money from taxes and longer lives of people who stopped smoking.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Smoking kills more than terrorists
    Yes it certainly does, but as others have subsequently pointed out, smokers have a choice. Victims of terrorism don't. Are we there yet?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    For terrorists or smokers?
    Anyone whose life choices do not involve killing other people.

Don't start on secondary smoking.

;-)

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I think the words freedom of choice are needed somewhere in here!
    For terrorists or smokers?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I think the words freedom of choice are needed somewhere in here!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    As if the French didn't have enough to worry about...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What is the world coming to?!

2016-07-20 Smokers fume as France mulls ban on 'too cool' Gitanes and Gauloises

A lot of French people will be mightily peed off with the EU if this petty and vindictive measure is brought into effect, and rightly so!
    As if the French didn't have enough to worry about...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X