• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London - City of Dreams...And riots"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by blackeye View Post
    Haha!

Well I'm sure the guardian would claim it's due to the inherent racism within the British education system and working environment.

These kids aren't being taught in the right way dammit. If it wasn't for the system they would be on the right path.

Funny how the asian kids are doing ok..
    These kids are bing given the same type of education - if not better than I got in the 1970's.

Get to school, sit down, shut up and learn, take exams.

There are better ways to teach people I agree - but first you have to instill a level of discipline and respect and remove a sense of entitlement. Many of these kids believe everything should be given to them on a plate - and if it is not they can just take it.

Add into that the fact that many kids from the exact same background do succeed quite happily then it is clear we need to stop making excuses for those that do not.

Leave a comment:

• blackeye
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Asian kids if they are Bangladeshis aren't doing OK.
    I guess selling drugs is entrepreneurial...?

But let be honest, nobody cares about them. They don't crowd near where the billionaires in central west London live.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    you saying dem bangladeshis isss fick? Racist!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Haha!

Well I'm sure the guardian would claim it's due to the inherent racism within the British education system and working environment.

These kids aren't being taught in the right way dammit. If it wasn't for the system they would be on the right path.

Leave a comment:

• blackeye
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ftfy
    Haha!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    It can be very diverse. But different backgrounds generally don't mix, except for the middle classes.

What you see in the picture are the kids from the many council estate in prime locations in central London. Generally second generation, brought up in low income households with plenty of opportunities for education that they choose not to take cos they is gangsta init Monica.
    Ftfy

Leave a comment:

• blackeye
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Are communities in London really that segregated?

Everyone keeps saying it is a diverse utopia.
    It can be very diverse. But different backgrounds generally don't mix, except for the middle classes.

What you see in the picture are the kids from the many council estate in prime locations in central London. Generally second generation, brought up in low income households with no education.

Leave a comment:

• blackeye
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Yep, them young Cockneys eh.
    With the rate of increase within the London house price bubble, these lovely young people won't be able to afford to the train fair into central London within the next decade.

I've personally experienced being stuck in a crown like several times in Hyde Park. They usually group up at the edgware road side. Its not pleasant. At all.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Someone needs to tell the guy 4th from the left...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Yep, them young Cockneys eh.
    Are communities in London really that segregated?

Everyone keeps saying it is a diverse utopia.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    non of dem did nuffink.....

here's a tip

I never owned a slave and you never picked cotton

move on and enter the civilised world

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'm probably being cynical when I heard they were shouting "Black lives Matter" I translated to " Good Slogans Matter"

Does seem to be a bit of an excuse.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    SE will be along shortly to tell us how she personally knows those involved and how it's not their fault - they were provoked through years of under investment and lack of political engagement, it's all the fault of the Tory government and the police, besides these people are all her personal friends and are nurses and social workers.
    Nah they need a good whacking with some police batons.

If they are going to riot like in the 20th Century then 20th Century tactics should be used on them.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Who?
    You treat him worse than you'd treat an illegal immigrant, don't you?

Last heard, he was approaching the Syrian border to help people.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Are you sure it isn't NW2PC ?
    Who?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X