• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheering on the Scot in the tennis and the Welsh in the football"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    To be honest, probably not many more but if we could bottle things like team spirit, pride, passion, then we could sell that it in bucketloads to the english.

Maybe not hennessey but surely england need a new keeper these days?
    You're not wrong, our chappie seems to spend more time on his dandruff than...what's the thing...the thing...you know, the thing...oh, stopping the roundy thing going in the netty thing. I think.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Thats a new test for HMRC for IR35 is it?

2. Do permies at client co think you're a big headed bellend?

If no, outside IR35
    There's more than a few on here breathing a sigh of relief...

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well, I'd take Ashley Williams, Ramsey and Bale without even thinking.
    To be honest, probably not many more but if we could bottle things like team spirit, pride, passion, then we could sell that it in bucketloads to the english.

Maybe not hennessey but surely england need a new keeper these days?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If that's not being part and parcel I don't know what is.. But you are already inside IR35 so guess it doesn't matter.
    Thats a new test for HMRC for IR35 is it?

1. Do you get on ok with the permies at the client?

If yes then inside IR35.

2. Do permies at client co think you're a big headed bellend?

If no, outside IR35.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Oh sure, I am pleased (rather than proud) with what they have achieved. I just don't need to be told about it incessantly, which is how it has felt to me lately.

As a matter of interest Which no-marks of ours would you want in the English team? (remembering I said "mostly". Not all ).
    Well, I'd take Ashley Williams, Ramsey and Bale without even thinking.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No matter how hard I try I always want the home nations to win if England are out of the equation.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    When was the last time a Welsh team got to a semi final of any tournament? I think you're being a tad harsh, Wales are the smallest team (in population terms) ever to reach the semi final stage of a major football tournament. If you can't bring yourself to be proud of that achievement, you're a sad lad indeed. And I say that as an Englishman. And as for no-marks, I'd quite happily swap most of our no-marks for a couple of yours.
    Oh sure, I am pleased (rather than proud) with what they have achieved. I just don't need to be told about it incessantly, which is how it has felt to me lately.

As a matter of interest Which no-marks of ours would you want in the English team? (remembering I said "mostly". Not all ).

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    One wonders if they call him sheepshagger when they are being "nice", what they call him when they are being horrible
    I'm pretty sure they regret ever calling him at all.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Proper Taff - as in born and brought up in the Taff valley? :-)
    Possibly an improper Taff then.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And possibly an IR35 pointer
    One wonders if they call him sheepshagger when they are being "nice", what they call him when they are being horrible

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Maybe it's nothing to do with you being Welsh, it could just be that you look a bit iffy in the team photo
    And possibly an IR35 pointer

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

To be fair, at clientco, its all taken in good spirit anyway. Its just banter. I get called sheepshagger every day pretty much! But its one of the nicest environments I've worked in so its fine by me.
    Maybe it's nothing to do with you being Welsh, it could just be that you look a bit iffy in the team photo

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Now neither of those would be my first choice but YES definitely.

To be fair, at clientco, its all taken in good spirit anyway. Its just banter. I get called sheepshagger every day pretty much! But its one of the nicest environments I've worked in so its fine by me.
    If that's not being part and parcel I don't know what is.. But you are already inside IR35 so guess it doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Fergie did the same to Paul Scholes - his last contract at ManU was conditional on retiring from international football. And trust me, that came from a very reliable source.
    Yes know Fergie was the main culprit in this. But both could have said no. Money or country at the end of the day...

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    PC: Would you REALLY support France or Germany over England?

Serious question...
    Now neither of those would be my first choice but YES definitely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X