• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The question that all Brexiteers should ask themselves ..."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Barry does.
    You misunderstood - he said you are one, not that he had them.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Piss off Sas
    Only kidding ...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Insurmountable is exactly what it is.

HTH
    I can now see why.

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Why would I waste my time PMing someone who doesn't have tits?
    Barry does.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Barry does.
    Piss off Sas

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Not an insurmountable problem these days, just takes broad minds in conjunction with the wonders of modern surgery
    Insurmountable is exactly what it is.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by sirja View Post
    If David Cameron knew that the UK had a much stronger hand than the EU, he would happily have stayed to lead the negotiations. Which politician would willingly turn down the chance of glory? It's because he knows how weak the UK's hand really is that he did a runner. The look on Gove and Boris' faces last Friday morning at their 'Victory' news conference said it all. They knew they have been right royally shafted, and suddenly it's 'Not this year', ' Not until we are ready' for Article 50 invoking.

Considering the fact that the economic cycles are calling for a slowdown later this year into next year, do you really see them invoking it next year in the middle of a slowdown? No, What you'll hear then, is ' We will invoke article 50 when the economic conditions are right' I won't be surprised if we get '5 economic tests' similar to Gordon Browns tests for the Euro, tests which of course will never be passed. This will enable the PM to say 'I stand ready and willing to trigger article 50 once the economic conditions are right'. Which of course would not be this Parliament, and then after the election, the next govt will say they are not bound by the promises of this one.
    That would work - a very British compromise

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    If David Cameron knew that the UK had a much stronger hand than the EU, he would happily have stayed to lead the negotiations. Which politician would willingly turn down the chance of glory? It's because he knows how weak the UK's hand really is that he did a runner. The look on Gove and Boris' faces last Friday morning at their 'Victory' news conference said it all. They knew they have been right royally shafted, and suddenly it's 'Not this year', ' Not until we are ready' for Article 50 invoking.

Considering the fact that the economic cycles are calling for a slowdown later this year into next year, do you really see them invoking it next year in the middle of a slowdown? No, What you'll hear then, is ' We will invoke article 50 when the economic conditions are right' I won't be surprised if we get '5 economic tests' similar to Gordon Browns tests for the Euro, tests which of course will never be passed. This will enable the PM to say 'I stand ready and willing to trigger article 50 once the economic conditions are right'. Which of course would not be this Parliament, and then after the election, the next govt will say they are not bound by the promises of this one.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Barry does.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Not an insurmountable problem these days, just takes broad minds in conjunction with the wonders of modern surgery

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    PM Barry for details, the story makes me weep every time

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Alrite ladies ... What's the story then ? I'm all ears
    PM Barry for details, the story makes me weep every time

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Here is a link that explains the FDI and its link to the current account deficit:

Reality Check: How important is foreign investment? - BBC News

So given that everyone agrees that certainty is necessary for business investment why on earth hasn't Article 50 been invoked, if as you Brexiteers say it will lead to pots of gold at the end of the rainbow?
    Let me save you the time and tell you why - it hasn't been invoked because evryone knows it will lead to economic disaster.

It won't become apparent in the data for a while but investment decisons are already being postponed/cancelled as we speak.
    Last edited by CretinWatcher; 1 July 2016, 15:14.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    It's going to sink in eventually ...
    Oh yes the magnitude of the stupidity will sink in alright ...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Gove has a secret plan to get Chilcott to invoke Article 50. Should take at least ten years.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Voice of experience Barry
    Indeed.
    Alrite ladies ... What's the story then ? I'm all ears

Leave a comment:

Working...
X