• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pensioners explain why they have saved Britain's youth from themselves"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not as funny as those who thought LEAVE meant, quite literally, voting to make the UK leave the EU.
    Probably not until the Chunnel looks like this again...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Here you go - the real reason...
    Not as funny as those who thought LEAVE meant, quite literally, voting to make the UK leave the EU.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    From a friend:

True story.
    My mum lives in a retirement home where many of the residents are 80-90 plus years old. sitting round a table for afternoon tea the ladies were talking about the referendum,the old dear on the right of my mum said "I'm voting in because that Boris is voting in...isn't he? " the lady on the left of my mum couldn't remember if she had voted or not .....explains a lot!
    Bless them

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Here you go - the real reason...

Gary
    ‏@GaryTomWilliams
    My 73 yr old Mum (who voted Remain) tells me people in her lunch club thought LEAVE meant, quite literally, voting to make immigrants leave.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Can't be bothered what thread this goes in, but don't jump to conclusions:

Lough Neagh is both a hotbed of brexiteers and bovine spongiform encephalopathy?

Interesting theory.

Here's the Scottish governments stats on bse

http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2002/12/14759

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Can't be bothered what thread this goes in, but don't jump to conclusions:

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    It is indeed:

Jubilant Leave voter ‘will catch up with the financial news later’

Which CUK poster do we think that is?

There's moe than one CUK poster who fits that description ....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    In Waitrose yesterday, an older lady asked me to reach up and get a "Mail" for her.
    I told her to be sure to read the bit that said what Brexit would mean for her pension.
    As long as she gets it in pounds, shillings and pence, who cares?

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    In Waitrose yesterday, an older lady asked me to reach up and get a "Mail" for her.
    I told her to be sure to read the bit that said what Brexit would mean for her pension.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The Mash is in tremendous form!
    It is indeed:

Jubilant Leave voter ‘will catch up with the financial news later’

Which CUK poster do we think that is?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The Mash is in tremendous form!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    THE number of old ladies being helped to cross British streets has plummeted since Friday.

Across the country, elderly women on pavements have found it harder to appeal to the kindness of a young passer-by.

Seventy-nine-year-old Margaret Gerving, from Bristol, said: “I started off looking a bit helpless and then actively requested assistance. The first two young people ignored me. The third one said I should ‘phone Michael Gove’ and the fourth one told me to ‘piss up a rope’.

“They’re just assuming I voted ‘Leave’. They’re absolutely right, but they should at least ask me first.

“Young people in this country really don’t care about the interests of the elderly.”

Gerving added: “Eventually this Romanian chap helped me across the road. I made sure I kept a tight hold on my shopping bag.”
    Sharp drop in number of old ladies being helped across the road

Leave a comment:

• Pensioners explain why they have saved Britain's youth from themselves

YIZ DESERVE IT SAYS RED HAND PENSIONERS

In a straw poll outside an old people’s home in Cappagh, Tyrone’s pensioners have revealed a list of reasons why they voted en masse to leave the EU – twerking, texting, sexting, the Kardashians, Chris Evans, chewing gum, bad punctuation, public affection, tattoos, mumbling, nicknames, video games, rap music, alcopops.

“Yiz deserve it,” added a 98-year old from Galbally, before asking what the question was.
    https://tyronetribulations.com/2016/...fected-tyrone/

Working...
X