• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit win - 11 threads into one"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I now realise you're a denial bot planted on forums by the losers. Cunning!
    Keep talking old boy. Some day you will surely say something intelligent

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    You thought the remain vote would win, it didn't.
    But it did. We're still in the single market. We're still allowed free movement throughout the EU. Migrant numbers will increase. We have to make concessions to fart. Basically nothing has changed expect our lost place at the table.

Suck it up. Your leader has bottled it.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You call this wining? I see no winners. Even you glorious leader cannot muster a smile when he's won.
    You thought the remain vote would win, it didn't.

I vote for David Davis as the next PM.

I don't think Boris will get s/elected.

PG

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    You call this wining? I see no winners. Even you glorious leader cannot muster a smile when he's won.
    I now realise you're a denial bot planted on forums by the losers. Cunning!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    We won you patronising sod!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    So cute when you think you're winning
    We won you patronising sod!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think there will be a compromise. They will make up some associate member level which only we can have.
    As I predicted...

Germany wants to offer Britain associated partnership with EU - paper | Reuters

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Oh well. Was good whilst it lasted. I liked the UK I really did, but now it'll be reduced to sitting in the corner of the room, drooling into its beer and talking about the good old days when it ruled the world.
    !!!!!DRAMA QUEEN ALERT!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Any changes will take 2 years from the activation of article 50, and if you have a British passport, there will be a seperate queue by then.
    Yep the sign will change from EU passport holders to EU and British passport holders

And I would imagine UK citizen with a current EU passport will be able to keep one until it comes to the end of it's natural life.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    3. There will probably be a little lower immigration,
    I think that is very much up in the air. With any negotiation, the EU may demand that free movement remain or the punishment will be even stronger.
    4. The public finances will marginally improve due to not sending money to the EU
    Not necessarily. Switzerland and Norway send a lot of money to the EU to pay for access. There's no real reason to think that Britain won't.
    The only thing people are really likely to notice is longer queues at passport control when going abroad or returning from abroad.
    FTFY

The mandate is to leave the EU. The referendum said precisely zero about the ongoing relationship and what parts of EU law and custom we will keep.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Fortunately there are plenty of us who don't take the negative defeatest attitude that you have. This is a time to be positive.
    That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    That's why I say it's a good time to take advantage of the panic.

I think the following will change. They'll all impact people, but marginally, and be barely noticeable.

1. It will be a little harder to export to Europe. They'll put up some trade barriers to "punish" us, but not enough to kill trade, just to make it harder. This will hurt some industries marginally.
    2. We'll respond with comparable barriers, which will hurt Europe's exporters, but also marginally increase the price of some goods here.
    3. There will probably be a little lower immigration, with a corresponding barely noticeable increase in average wages due to supply and demand.
    4. The public finances will marginally improve due to not sending money to the EU, and also to the proceeds from trade duties (see #2). This will probably just be wasted, but it could be used to reduce the deficit, with corresponding impact mortgage rates, etc.

The only thing people are really likely to notice is longer queues at passport control when going abroad or returning from abroad.
    Almost correct: They will put us on the naughty step, but only to discourage the numerous other nations who may be tempted to follow the same path. Austria, Netherlands, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    That's why I say it's a good time to take advantage of the panic.

I think the following will change. They'll all impact people, but marginally, and be barely noticeable.

1. It will be a little harder to export to Europe. They'll put up some trade barriers to "punish" us, but not enough to kill trade, just to make it harder. This will hurt some industries marginally.
    2. We'll respond with comparable barriers, which will hurt Europe's exporters, but also marginally increase the price of some goods here.
    3. There will probably be a little lower immigration, with a corresponding barely noticeable increase in average wages due to supply and demand.
    4. The public finances will marginally improve due to not sending money to the EU, and also to the proceeds from trade duties (see #2). This will probably just be wasted, but it could be used to reduce the deficit, with corresponding impact mortgage rates, etc.

Any changes will take 2 years from the activation of article 50, and if you have a British passport, there will be a seperate queue by then.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Oh well. Was good whilst it lasted. I liked the UK I really did, but now it'll be reduced to sitting in the corner of the room, drooling into its beer and talking about the good old days when it ruled the world.
    Sounds like my kind of party...

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Fortunately there are plenty of us who don't take the negative defeatest attitude that you have. This is a time to be positive.
    Let us not be down-hearted Comrades! One total catastrophe like this is just the beginning!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X