• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Well, can't believe I just did that!"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Tis true.

You've been on the dole though more times than the entire clan of the Boswells.
    Only been on the dole once, when I was only a part-time student in order to dodge (sorry, meant avoid) the poll tax.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Bugger, I never did get the hang of this computing lark. But then you already knew that. Took me weeks to delete those dodgy piccies off your network drive. Would have taken a trained chimp about 5 mins, but then it would have only deleted the ones with the 's

Tis true.

You've been on the dole though more times than the entire clan of the Boswells.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Wow, it worried you so much you posted it twice.
    Bugger, I never did get the hang of this computing lark. But then you already knew that. Took me weeks to delete those dodgy piccies off your network drive. Would have taken a trained chimp about 5 mins, but then it would have only deleted the ones with the 's

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Don't say that on a contractor forum, peeps will be suffering palpitations eek
    Don't say that on a contractor forum, peeps will be suffering palpitations

Wow, it worried you so much you posted it twice.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Wonder what delayed you so much !!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Airmiles and Companion tickets. Only had to pay the tax.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Don't say that on a contractor forum, peeps will be suffering palpitations eek

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Stick the kids in Economy - give yourself, and all the other Business Class passengers some peace for 9 hours or so. And save yourself the 5 grand or so difference. Besides, they won't notice the cramped seats.
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Exactly, you would have thought he would need to be economising

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Stick the kids in Economy - give yourself, and all the other Business Class passengers some peace for 9 hours or so. And save yourself the 5 grand or so difference. Besides, they won't notice the cramped seats.
    Exactly, you would have thought he would need to be economising

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Not hit me yet. Work my month. Finish and get straight on plane to US with family to Orlando for 3 weeks. Business class naturally. Then sometime during August, probably as I work out the cost of the trip and see the bank balance going down will I then question my sanity for walking out of a job that had salary, shares and bonus at 300k for the next year.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    So even then your reputation proceeded you - to the extent that they found a better use of their time instead of wasting it interviewing you.
    No they were just late, and by then I had lost my room booking.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    They sounded like a bunch of

Can't even turn up on time for an interview FFS.

Better off out of there.
    So even then your reputation proceeded you - to the extent that they found a better use of their time instead of wasting it interviewing you.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    True but there is no point being divorced, stressed or the richest corpse in the graveyard....
    Not true, you could get place with a great view!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    They sounded like a bunch of

Can't even turn up on time for an interview FFS.

Better off out of there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X