• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Right wing rag banging on about working class and Brexit"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No cos the foreigners are better educated and so are able to use the internet. They then put a more coherent application in and turn up from abroad to their interviews....
    oh goody a sweeping unfounded & racist statement, which of the Mods wants to handle this?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    We could revert to the pre-pill days where families were large and kids put out to work to support the household.
    You mean to help with the harvest? Kids use to enjoy their holidays having such "fun".

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    But at least when there is a job to compete for you are no longer competing with an economic migrant that has a lower cost margin than someone that has a UK mortgage and taxes to pay.
    No cos the foreigners are better educated and so are able to use the internet. They then put a more coherent application in and turn up from abroad to their interviews....

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    But at least when there is a job to compete for you are no longer competing with an economic migrant that has a lower cost margin than someone that has a UK mortgage and taxes to pay.
    We could revert to the pre-pill days where families were large and kids put out to work to support the household.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But if there are no jobs for foreigners than there are no jobs for you as well.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I really don't think they will. For many of them they are screwed either way. Oddly enough a recession may well dislodge many of the people that they feel are competing for their jobs. In 2009 the exodus back out the country was fairly obvious for a few years...
    But if there are no jobs for foreigners than there are no jobs for you as well.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Working class is going to suffer most from Brexit.
    I really don't think they will. For many of them they are screwed either way. Oddly enough a recession may well dislodge many of the people that they feel are competing for their jobs. In 2009 the exodus back out the country was fairly obvious for a few years...

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    I've got a photo of a water cannon being filled up outside my house. Does this count as being down with the people?
    Were you using it to water your garden? If so, no.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    How exactly?
    When the economy tanks.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    How exactly?
    Sir Stuart Rose said wages were going to go up on Brexit. Where is Sir Stuart. Hello? Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Working class is going to suffer most from Brexit.
    How exactly?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    A Super Soaker does not count as a water cannon.
    It was a bona fide water cannon being filled off a stand pipe. They're big bu66ers. Bit of a riot at the end of the road you see.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    I've got a photo of a water cannon being filled up outside my house. Does this count as being down with the people?
    A Super Soaker does not count as a water cannon.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    There will be wholesale attack on working rights, that would cost working class most.
    I don't understand why people say that. Why would there be a wholesale attack on working rights ? And if there were, wouldn't the government making the attack simply be voted out? For example, I think the UK has one of the highest minimum wage settings in the world, higher than most of the EU nations. The "living wage" was introduced by the present UK Government, not directed by Europe. Not blowing a trumpet for an particular UK Government though, just pointing out that they are highly motivated to keep UK citizens happy. Every worker get a vote.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Like you

a) Give a toss what the proles think
    b) Would ever associate with proles

Have you been chatting with the help again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X