• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Was: New forum posting rules Now:PC explains JSA"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Correct we don't. No-one is admitting it which is a bit cowardly to be honest.

I still don;t know it it was a mod team decision or an individual mod either.
    Collective responsibility, dontcha know?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

Maybe you should start a book or a poll on it

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Well, we are over 20 pages in and we still don't know which naughty mod changed your sig

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    THEY didn't OG obviously.
    Well, we are over 20 pages in and we still don't know which naughty mod changed your sig

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    So how did they get you back into the labour market?
    THEY didn't OG obviously.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    So how did they get back into the labour market?
    They got on their bikes. (c) N. Tebbit.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    And queue behind the unemployed and unemployed. Guess the fecker is too cosy in his mum's basement
    Yup bit boring mind you but when wages are the same as 15 years ago.

What choice do you have?

If gidiot wants people to pay 500k for a 1 bed start making London minimum wage 60k

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    So how did they get back into the labour market?
    Walked?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    True enough some of the rules dont make sense. And sometimes the system does not work.

An hour on the train is not excessive IMHO. But there we are.

Trouble is its a lifestyle choice. Like I said, if benefits allow you to live and have just enough to pay for beer and fags then why bother getting out of bed and working for a living? It works for about half the population of Merthyr....

Remember when I claimed and I spoke to a manager. He told me some stories off the record.

A lot of people refuse to take a job they can't walk to (or try to refuse). Its very rare for people to accept a job thats more than a 10 minute bus ride away. Excuses range from, I dont know the area so Im not working there, I can't get out of bed that early, I might get wet walking to the bus stop and it'll make me ill, I dont like buses so refuse to get on one. True story.
    So how did they get you back into the labour market?
    Last edited by Old Greg; 16 June 2016, 15:34.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sad thing is, PC's right. A return bus journey is over an hour's pay for a lot of low paid workers whereas winkers on here get paid more than that for downloading some brownware.
    True. I'm back off commuting to Laandaaan from the West Mids in a couple of weeks, almost 1600 notes a month

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sad thing is, PC's right about something at long last.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Sad thing is, PC's right. A return bus journey is over an hour's pay for a lot of low paid workers whereas winkers on here get paid more than that for downloading some brownware.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The rules are simple, you turn up and sign on or explain it on the day (there's an 8 hour built-in window and then the sanction systems kick in).

As for people complaining about not finding working in Merthyr when work is available in Cardiff could it be that once you pay the train fare to Cardiff the income left for a zero hour contract is so low even Job Centre's aren't cruel enough to include Cardiff in the commutable distance rules..
    True enough some of the rules dont make sense. And sometimes the system does not work.

An hour on the train is not excessive IMHO. But there we are.

Trouble is its a lifestyle choice. Like I said, if benefits allow you to live and have just enough to pay for beer and fags then why bother getting out of bed and working for a living? It works for about half the population of Merthyr....

Remember when I claimed and I spoke to a manager. He told me some stories off the record.

A lot of people refuse to take a job they can't walk to (or try to refuse). Its very rare for people to accept a job thats more than a 10 minute bus ride away. Excuses range from, I dont know the area so Im not working there, I can't get out of bed that early, I might get wet walking to the bus stop and it'll make me ill, I dont like buses so refuse to get on one. True story.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    There we go. True in both cases. They claim and don't look, you claim and don't need. Both perfectly legal and if morals don't come in to it, all parties can sleep well.
    No as per my other post the legal requirement is that you have to look for work. So legally no looking is not an option.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And back in the day, before the sainted Margaret, contributions based benefit lasted 12 months, and you got Earnings Related on top of it, which doubled what I got at the time.
    Grandad alert

Leave a comment:

Working...
X