• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Microsoft to buy LinkedIn for $26.2 billion"

Collapse

• ClothCap
    replied
    Anything remotely associated with social media is being bolted on to CRM at the minute, I expect this will be yet another

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    A few people I know use linkedin prem, it's an important part of their networking. I've used it to research people also. So it's still relevant to many people. I've removed several contacts that use linkedin to post random cat inspired stuff.

Saying all that not sure why MS have bought it.
    so she could post random cat stuff to everyone?

Not sure where she got the 26 Billion maybe she borrowed off MF?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    A few people I know use linkedin prem, it's an important part of their networking. I've used it to research people also. So it's still relevant to many people. I've removed several contacts that use linkedin to post random cat inspired stuff.

Saying all that not sure why MS have bought it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    insider trading

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    LinkedIn is a huge user compiled CRM system

Actually SM that is a brilliant insight. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    LinkedIn is a huge CRM system, I wouldn't be surprised if MS Dyanmics CRM, and Skype for Business doesn't get a bump from this deal

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Mind you, LinkedIn is good for finding recruitment agents and seeing how experienced they are:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-graham-219741103

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    A round of applause for the lucky LinkedIn options trader

I fank you...

I'd also like to thank my mate Dave, who works at Microsoft, processing acquisitions paperwork in incredible secrecy....
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 14 June 2016, 13:35.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Hotmail which has rebranded has about 500 million accounts.

Skype has about 800 million.
    The problem with Skype is it's not re-venting itself. They're just profiting from the users. Which is fine. But I'm certain Skype will be replaced. The quality of the connections remains pitiful. VOIP is the most efficient use of the protocol. Someone is going to come along one day and torppdo it. Of course MS will be waiting to buy it.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Microsoft have turned it around in the last couple of years.

I was reading about the xbox E3 event last night, seen a twitter comment made by a games company boss on how they got Minecraft running on all OSs to get people signed up for xbox live accounts. Get them when they are young I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yes, just like you have been saying about house prices for 10 years.
    They have indeed declined a LOT.

You just need to value them in real money - gold.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Whatsapp, Viber and a bunch of other trendy messengers outplaying Skype - MSFT already fecked up one attempt to force people use new version on Win 8, give it a few years and usage of Skype will decline.
    Yes, just like you have been saying about house prices for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Yes, they are clear failures for MS.
    Gmail is a winner, so yes Hotmail ended up as failure even though MSFT had advantage.

Whatsapp, Viber and a bunch of other trendy messengers outplaying Skype - MSFT already fecked up one attempt to force people use new version on Win 8, give it a few years and usage of Skype will decline.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Skype is turning into bloatware tulip, had to stop updates to avoid them.

Hotmail mothballed.

Microsoft has never been good with acquisitions.

Yes, they are clear failures for MS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X