• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mug (sorry, Agent) of the week..."

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You can probably get Eastern/Med europeans to do it for 20% less than UK rates but generally they have too much work at home and the rates are pretty good where they are. furthermore permies earn equivalent of uk salaries.

Bobs it is I am afraid!
    Most of them will do it for half, if you can chuck in a residency permit (Oh, hang on, they won't need that until after the 23rd).

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They need to prove that no one will take the role whether permanent or contract in the EU.

The problem they have in advertising it as permanent is some bod from Southern or Eastern Europe may take it.
    You can probably get Eastern/Med europeans to do it for 20% less than UK rates but generally they have too much work at home and the rates are pretty good where they are. furthermore permies earn equivalent of uk salaries.

Bobs it is I am afraid!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They need to prove that no one will take the role whether permanent or contract in the EU.

The problem they have in advertising it as permanent is some bod from Southern or Eastern Europe may take it.
    At those rates, there won't be too many Albanians in the queue,,,

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Really is that whats going on then, can they actually wangle a visa like that, bloody cheek!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Really is that whats going on then, can they actually wangle a visa like that, bloody cheek!
    Not really, UK has no visa you can contract on now, end clientco could maybe get a sponsors licence and import a Bob on ICT but the agent would get nothing in that deal.

Usual scaremongering.......

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I refuse to deal with any of them, one of them pinged me a contract role in London requiring Java, Scala and Groovy, rate £250 a day , of course no one will take it so they'll use that as proof to get a Visa for a Bob sorted...

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    I refuse to deal with any of them, one of them pinged me a contract role in London requiring Java, Scala and Groovy, rate £250 a day , of course no one will take it so they'll use that as proof to get a Visa for a Bob sorted...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It appears some of their mates have just found the spec too...
    CONFIDENCIAL
    Renukut Area, India

Just emailed me an almost identical job spec.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Yourself for giving two references?
    i gave it a shot

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    i had an agent advertising fake ad for high rate that called me and asked for references. he even called me back saying i was accepted

can i call names and shames?
    Yourself for giving two references?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Also CUK IDs if possible ...

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A crowd called STAFFINGPRIME - allegedly based in the UK, but registered in India. But what makes them special?

Unsolicited email from them looking for 4 contractors. Two of the contracts are for multiple locations, such as "Lisbon, Portugal, London, United Kingdom, Lisbon, Portugal, ..." OK, so they repeat Lisbon twice, but the next location should say "Paris, France", but instead it names the client, as if they were a city in France. D’oh.

i had an agent advertising fake ad for high rate that called me and asked for references. he even called me back saying i was accepted

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    started a topic Mug (sorry, Agent) of the week...

Mug (sorry, Agent) of the week...

A crowd called STAFFINGPRIME - allegedly based in the UK, but registered in India. But what makes them special?

Unsolicited email from them looking for 4 contractors. Two of the contracts are for multiple locations, such as "Lisbon, Portugal, London, United Kingdom, Lisbon, Portugal, ..." OK, so they repeat Lisbon twice, but the next location should say "Paris, France", but instead it names the client, as if they were a city in France. D’oh.

Working...
X