• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Remain vs Brexit

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remain vs Brexit"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

?
    You might be able to fill a Tesco shopping basket if you follow that rule.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I do hate those who have left the UK getting stuck in.

It is CUK for a reason.

Can't they just f00k off?
    It's last thing you need when citizens of the UK vote on their future, in it?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You are another brit hating pri*k who has left the country and spends half his sad sorry little life denigrating the UK. As if the Uk would ever have to rely on a Franco German bureaucracy for its well being is laughable.
    It just relies on Franco/German/China/rest of the world to keep it going having sold it off to them...Whatver happened to:

Because I know I do my best to..do you?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Please remember I am an agent.
    Remember:

There is no such thing as society. There are individual contractors, and there are pimps.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    This is the kind of anger level that we saw from the Scottish nationalists before they lost their vote - very interesting.

This proud British emigrant will be voting Remain, and will continue to do his best to help himself.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I meant hating the UK in just about every topic that is discussed whether it is the war in Iraq or the Scottish Nationalism debate (hating England).
    Interestingly a great deal of this sort of sh*t comes from those who are no longer here
    This is the kind of anger level that we saw from the Scottish nationalists before they lost their vote - very interesting.

This proud British emigrant will be voting Remain, and will continue to do his best to help the UK to export services to the rest of the EU.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Absolutely agree with your post as a whole, but to a grammar pedant such as myself that sentence is interesting example of how missing commas can change and even reverse its intended sense.
    Please learn how to use the English language properly.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Probably when Britain leaves there will be a bit of a political crisis triggering a recession and a general air of panic. In the end Britain will then sign up to a comprehensive deal with the EU and after that all the government has to do is to sit back and receive new EU regulations by fax every few months or so.

You are another brit hating pri*k who has left the country and spends half his sad sorry little life denigrating the UK. As if the Uk would ever have to rely on a Franco German bureaucracy for its well being is laughable.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I'm not
    [...]
    arguments don't stand up to any scrutiny
    some Bremainers struggle with conditional logic, I've noticed. Indeed, pretty much anything they can't put in a gravity model with exponentiation to infinity and/or world war. Why argue when you can extrapolate doom?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Probably when Britain leaves there will be a bit of a political crisis triggering a recession and a general air of panic. In the end Britain will then sign up to a comprehensive deal with the EU and after that all the government has to do is to sit back and receive new EU regulations by fax every few months or so.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Quite comical really. Thinking we're better off with others is "hating the UK". I guess you consider a man with friends "self-loathing" and that he should have the confidence to stand on his own two feet and have nobody to go to the pub with.

Nobody suggests the UK can't survive by itself; to think that suggests the EU has been supporting us all these years and only the Kippers think the EU has that degree of control of our lives. The UK can survive by itself; North Korea survives by itself but I wouldn't want to live there. It's only a question of whether there are benefits for everyone to have closer ties to the rest of the world and thousands of years of history tells you that there are.
    I meant hating the UK in just about every topic that is discussed whether it is the war in Iraq or the Scottish Nationalism debate (hating England).
    Interestingly a great deal of this sort of sh*t comes from those who are no longer here

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Absolutely agree with your post as a whole, but to a grammar pedant such as myself that sentence is interesting example of how missing commas can change and even reverse its intended sense.

Without any commas it means "those leftie liberals who (among possibly other leftie liberals who don't) hate the fact that the UK supports remain" :

With one comma is means "the leftie liberals who as it happens all hate the fact that the UK supports remain" :

But the adding a couple of commas changes its sense to what you presumably meant:
    Please do keep correcting me!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    also if we vote out now and it all goes to boobies up, I don't think we'd have much of an issue getting back in (if that was the fix)

if we vote in now, it'll be a few generations at least before a similar opportunity arises
    That's weird logic. If it went tits up we'd be in a much weaker position and may have to go through the same long process as everyone else to get back in. We probably wouldn't get the rebate, and probably would have to join the Euro.

On the other hand voting in doesn't force us into anything. The UK government can trigger the exit procedure at any time; it doesn't need a referendum. The slightly flimsy promise that the politicians always made about having a referendum before they cede any further powers to Brussels could still apply; we just need to make sure we hold them to that. It's only unlikely we'll have another referendum for no reason.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I'm not. And I have one British friend who lives abroad in an EU country who is as big a Kipper as anyone on here. That's especially hard to understand. But like most of the rest of you his arguments don't stand up to any scrutiny either.

Who are the kippers? Are you all living in survivalist enclaves with 2 years of baked beans in your bomb proof basement (and 5 years of Daily Express back issues that you can use to tell you you were right when the inevitable zombie-immigrant catastrophe befalls us all)?
    Only because Cameron and Osborne have given us the heads up on the impending Armageddon. Oh and the Express only has a readership of just over a million so a few of us must read something else, or perhaps not at all.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    One thing is clear about CUK however: the most vocal supporters mainly seem to be living outside the UK.
    I'm not. And I have one British friend who lives abroad in an EU country who is as big a Kipper as anyone on here. That's especially hard to understand. But like most of the rest of you his arguments don't stand up to any scrutiny either.

Who are the kippers? Are you all living in survivalist enclaves with 2 years of baked beans in your bomb proof basement (and 5 years of Daily Express back issues that you can use to tell you you were right when the inevitable zombie-immigrant catastrophe befalls us all)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X