• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hello from Bangalore!"

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    To truly enjoy Indian food head to the nearest five star hotel's restaurant
    it will not cost more than £15-£20

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Head bobbing interpretation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj56IPJOqWE

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Day 3. Last night's team dinner at a "real" restaurant was tasty but spicy. My guts are advising me not to do that again

This time tomorrow I'll be well on the way home and also I believe well on the way to a 7-month renewal
    Hmm. Spicy jaunts to bobland..whats not to like!!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Day 3. Last night's team dinner at a "real" restaurant was tasty but spicy. My guts are advising me not to do that again

This time tomorrow I'll be well on the way home and also I believe well on the way to a 7-month renewal

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    Yikes, sorry mate ! I don't know if you've watched VEEP (if you haven't watch it, its excellent), but one of the characters in that mentions having fructose intolerance. That's how I heard about it, always thought it wasn't real
    Well, Veep was created by Armando Iannucci and as we all know, his previous effort The Thick of It contained a lot of stuff that sounded ludicrous but was actually based on fact - just like Yes Minister before it

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    If you are lucky, or 6 month in hospital with a parasite they don't know how to deal with.
    I like your optimism

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    waiting for the op
    Huh? <checks urban dictionary> I don't plan on finding out how much pudi costs

Leave a comment:

• Pherlopolus
    replied
    Yikes, sorry mate ! I don't know if you've watched VEEP (if you haven't watch it, its excellent), but one of the characters in that mentions having fructose intolerance. That's how I heard about it, always thought it wasn't real
    it's harder to work round than the dairy, but I could stand to lose the 4kg I lost over past 10 days

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
    nope, it's very real. Lactose and Fructose sugars are similar and quite a few people have both. I have to avoid Apples, Watermelons, and tomatoes (and any Soft Drinks like mountain dew that use High Fructose corn syrup)

Leave a comment:

• Pherlopolus
    replied
    Fructose intolerance

Surely, this isn't real - more like a line from VEEP
    nope, it's very real. Lactose and Fructose sugars are similar and quite a few people have both. I have to avoid Apples, Watermelons, and tomatoes (and any Soft Drinks like mountain dew that use High Fructose corn syrup)

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
    Just got back yesterday, it's going to take another 3 days for my guts to recover (Lactose and Fructose intolerance)
    Fructose intolerance

Surely, this isn't real - more like a line from VEEP

Leave a comment:

• Pherlopolus
    replied

Much cheapness here
    Just got back yesterday, it's going to take another 3 days for my guts to recover (Lactose and Fructose intolerance)

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    you got a pudi ?
    waiting for the op

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    i got this
    you got a pudi ?

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    How much is the pudi 100 rupees?
    i got this

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Day 2. The doings are that I'm here to train a ClientCo team in some ClientCo stuff that I'm supposed to be an expert in. Turns out that these chappies are way ahead of my team

So I may as well just sit back and enjoy it! My work's all done now and so have 1.5 days of listening to other people's presentations.

Thanks for the street seafood and tap water recommendations! I must give those a try. I imagine that the ensuing sudden weight-loss might be a perfect start to my summer diet.

I haven't seen tiny handleless aluminium cups for super milky coffee. I'll keep my eyes peeled and will revert with updation.

I'm really quite surprised to find that the head-bobbing thing is real... and widespread... and rather amusing actually.
    If you are lucky, or 6 month in hospital with a parasite they don't know how to deal with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X