• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK MEMBERS--->DO SOME WORK"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Blue skies thinking?

Soo 1990's

No - you need a Blue Ocean strategy.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    sasguru was that manager and I claim yet another £5 (i'm doing well today)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Clownio
    A manager I worked for a number of years back came out with the brilliant:-

"We'll have to run a loosley packed straw man up the flagpole"

No, I didn't have a clue what the f**k he was talking about either.

He left shortly afterwards. "Head-poached" to go and work for ICL I think.
    Makes perfect sense to me. He meant create an issue that everyone thinks is important to deflect attention from the real issue, but also ensure that the fake issue is easily dismantled. Standard technique.

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    I hope we hear lots of buzz words in the meeting, e.g.:

Empower
    Stregthen Position
    Take Ownership
    Increase Porfolio
    A manager I worked for a number of years back came out with the brilliant:-

"We'll have to run a loosley packed straw man up the flagpole"

No, I didn't have a clue what the f**k he was talking about either.

He left shortly afterwards. "Head-poached" to go and work for ICL I think.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Indeed, going forward, there needs to be a new paradigm. Our client-facing organisation should be lean and mean and results-driven, using our core competencies to produce best-of-breed market-oriented products. At the next meeting I will give you a heads-up on where we are viz-a-viz our goals.
    You are just too good at this....

You are some permie manager working in the city and I claim my £5

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Indeed, going forward, there needs to be a new paradigm. Our client-facing organisation should be lean and mean and results-driven, using our core competencies to produce best-of-breed market-oriented products. At the next meeting I will give you a heads-up on where we are viz-a-viz our goals.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    Doing work? That's against the permie spirit. I'd rather keep posting here. I don't want to destroy the category.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Are we looking for a holistic approach?
    Absolutely. A holistic, entreuprenerial approach to take advantage of the current market opportunities engendered by my blue-skies thinking. We need to empower the internal stakeholders within our organisation with our bold, innovative and dynamic strategy.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Are we feck. You always want to bring religion into it...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Do some work?

Wouldn't dream of anything so vulgar, old chap. That's what the hired help are for.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I would like you all to demonstrate some thinking outside the box and also try and take in the view from 30,000 feet. What we need is to try to leverage some of the synergy derived from our empowerment and take ownership going forward.
    That's definitely full house on buzzword bingo.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Are we looking for a holistic approach?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I would like you all to demonstrate some thinking outside the box and also try and take in the view from 30,000 feet. What we need is to try to leverage some of the synergy derived from our empowerment and take ownership going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I hope we hear lots of buzz words in the meeting, e.g.:

Empower
    Stregthen Position
    Take Ownership
    Increase Porfolio

Leave a comment:

Working...
X