• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sorry...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sorry..."

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Each time I see this thread title in the list, the first thing that goes through my head is "Language, Timothy!"

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    She was 31!

OK shes made a mistake and learned a valuable lesson then. Come on mun - she thought "sod that it'll never happen to me". Thats not a mistake thats stupidity.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Were you young and never made a mistake? Will cant all be like sasguru, sitting miserably eating beans on toast in our mansion watching the value increase....
    She was 31!

OK shes made a mistake and learned a valuable lesson then. Come on mun - she thought "sod that it'll never happen to me". Thats not a mistake thats stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Wise words.

I often think that mixed-nationality relationships are heading for trouble. Nothing wrong with a Muslim marrying a Jew if they are both of the same nationality. Recently a Hindu friend married a Muslim friend - they are both very happy together based in the UK.

The Hague convention tends to side with the residency the child was bought up in. And there are good reasons for that.

If I was in the shoes of the person who is looking for cash I would probably do the same though.

And a big thank you for the CUKers who donated to my triathlons! You will all be happen to know that the money went to a very good cause - and I had a great deal of pain afterwards.

Not as much pain as my triple IM though. I destroyed 7 toenails from that - the 7th is yet to drop off. The first was pulled off after 24 hours when I removed the bandage holding my big toe together - taking half the skin(blister) off the big toe at the same time....
    Looks like I got off lightly then with a dodgy right knee ... sounds properly painful Hope you recover quickly as I doubt you could walk very far with those dodgy feet!

I'm planning a triathlon and one of those 10k mud runs over the next 12 months now I have a training buddy.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    And a big thank you for the CUKers who donated to my triathlons! You will all be happen to know that the money went to a very good cause - and I had a great deal of pain afterwards...
    If you'd told us that in advance, you'd probably have raised more.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Sorry OP but this wins the award for "least chance of getting a penny out of me for this crap".

Did anyone see the one for the lady (not a kid she was 31) stuck in Egypt, had an accident, no travel insurance? Family were trying to whip up £30K to get her home.

Bearing in mind, she had no travel insurance, was living and working in the country illegally (and this involved horses etc so some risk of injury there). Knackered her back no insurance no operation no plane home.

Excuse - her annual policy expired and she "forgot" to renew it. Not that an annual insurance policy covers you if you actually spend more than a certain time on "holidays" (60 days in one year?). More likely stuff that its too expensive I'll be OK.
    Were you young and never made a mistake? Will cant all be like sasguru, sitting miserably eating beans on toast in our mansion watching the value increase....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Sorry OP but this wins the award for "least chance of getting a penny out of me for this crap".

Did anyone see the one for the lady (not a kid she was 31) stuck in Egypt, had an accident, no travel insurance? Family were trying to whip up £30K to get her home.

Bearing in mind, she had no travel insurance, was living and working in the country illegally (and this involved horses etc so some risk of injury there). Knackered her back no insurance no operation no plane home.

Excuse - her annual policy expired and she "forgot" to renew it. Not that an annual insurance policy covers you if you actually spend more than a certain time on "holidays" (60 days in one year?). More likely stuff that its too expensive I'll be OK.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Actually in the US you don't need to be OJ Simpson you just need to be stinking rich and ensure it's not the IRS after you.

Anyway if the kid was born in the US and the judge decrees the mother is fit to look after the kid, then that is where the kid stays.

In short if you marry a foreign citizen choose their country of origin wisely, and choose where your children are born wisely.
    Wise words.

I often think that mixed-nationality relationships are heading for trouble. Nothing wrong with a Muslim marrying a Jew if they are both of the same nationality. Recently a Hindu friend married a Muslim friend - they are both very happy together based in the UK.

The Hague convention tends to side with the residency the child was bought up in. And there are good reasons for that.

If I was in the shoes of the person who is looking for cash I would probably do the same though.

And a big thank you for the CUKers who donated to my triathlons! You will all be happen to know that the money went to a very good cause - and I had a great deal of pain afterwards.

Not as much pain as my triple IM though. I destroyed 7 toenails from that - the 7th is yet to drop off. The first was pulled off after 24 hours when I removed the bandage holding my big toe together - taking half the skin(blister) off the big toe at the same time....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Where's the cleavage?
    Look down you fat ****, you might no longer see your todger anymore but you should still see your cleavage

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Guys donate your properties to me as I don't have holiday home in spain.
    Don't be dicks
    HTH
    Last edited by diseasex; 4 May 2016, 22:44.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In short - never get married.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

(* Unless you're O J Simpson of course...)
    Actually in the US you don't need to be OJ Simpson you just need to be stinking rich and ensure it's not the IRS after you.

Anyway if the kid was born in the US and the judge decrees the mother is fit to look after the kid, then that is where the kid stays.

In short if you marry a foreign citizen choose their country of origin wisely, and choose where your children are born wisely.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    What is truly sickening is this concept of just give me some cash and I'll overturn the decision of the appointed competent authorities and the US Legal System.

My mate Mike frittered away getting on for £20,000 on divorce lawyers' fees. He couldn't get it that the Law is the Law. Arguing and tons of cash are not going to change that (*). So many people think their opinion, or the opinion of some set of relatives etc, makes any difference whatsoever. There's no voting. It's not the Eurovision Song Contest. Mothers tend to get custody.

(* Unless you're O J Simpson of course...)

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Post a picture of his wife. Thread is worthless without one?

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    Quite right to be sceptical - I would be too. I know its an anonymous forum and none of you actually know me (though I *think* I may have worked with NLUK before (amey?)) that's why I apologised for the post.

I forgot that the CUK forum was full of dicks.. One day I'll learn.
    Good pitch....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X