• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is 12x a good ROI?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is 12x a good ROI?"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Then it's OK, but you ask first, not steal then seek forgiveness.
    What if it's the other neighbour?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What if your neighbour gives permission?
    Then it's OK, but you ask first, not steal then seek forgiveness.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Food securities are the way forward.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I think you'll find you can't make an "infinite return" on it.

1. Picking apples from a neighbour's tree is illegal, unless it is from a branch overhanging your garden.
    What if your neighbour gives permission?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Apart from Methamphetamine I cannot think of any thing else that might provide such returns.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied

1. Picking apples from a neighbour's tree is illegal, unless it is from a branch overhanging your garden.
    2. Same with taking them off their ground.
    3. Selling them on your street is not going to give you much trade, so you'll have a month of business each year to hope that your neighbours want to buy apples from you.
    4. How are you going to sell them? What are you going to use for your transactions?

It's like you haven't really thought it through at all, very unlike you!
    How about we combine my infinite return with your 12x ? infinite x12 yield is better than infinite!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    I can make infinite return from gathering apples from neighbours apple tree and selling it on the street for 10p each

2. Same with taking them off their ground.
    3. Selling them on your street is not going to give you much trade, so you'll have a month of business each year to hope that your neighbours want to buy apples from you.
    4. How are you going to sell them? What are you going to use for your transactions?

It's like you haven't really thought it through at all, very unlike you!

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    I can make infinite return from gathering apples from neighbours apple tree and selling it on the street for 10p each

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You mean you scrape the bins at the end of the day at Tescos, then go do the pub and sell some mouldy sarnies.

Well done you.

There isn't a Tescos within 5 miles of me. Everything is ethical and above board.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Not at all. He can just be lucky.

But what a humble-brag post.

WTFH : If you think you are skilled and not lucky then go all in. Remortgage your house, remortgage the kids. You could turn 100k into 1.2 mil in 12 months and then retire.
    You can't retire on 1.2 million.
    HTH.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh, it's all above board, not Ponzi, and it's tax free. I've managed to repeat it over the last 5 years.

You mean you scrape the bins at the end of the day at Tescos, then go do the pub and sell some mouldy sarnies.

Well done you.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    So, you get 20x your investment back? How?
    Sledges have a great profit margin

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    As I said, still quite low. When I invest if I don't get back 20x guaranteed then you're probably being ripped off.

So, you get 20x your investment back? How?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oh, it's all above board, not Ponzi, and it's tax free. I've managed to repeat it over the last 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Anything is possible, whether it is sustainable is another thing.

If you have made 12x in one year, good on you, but I doubt you will tell us the numbers and you did it so we will just have to believe you, I have turned a £10 in £130 playing the fruit machine at the local pub.

If you have done it over multiple years, then you won't be posting on here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X