• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gideon's stealthy slashes"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    your spin of every bit of news as an Osborne conspiracy is getting rather boring.
    I just publish news from ToryGraph

"More than six million workers to be stripped of take-home pay under stealth tax raid

The new system, introduced next month, will see millions of workers face paying more tax through increased national insurance contributions "

That's what ToryGraph say, it was Osborne who did it few years ago (probably not expecting to have a job), and now stealth tax increase is kicking in - more than 6 mln WORKING people affected!!!
    Last edited by AtW; 29 March 2016, 19:42.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    You are allowed your own opinion but not your own facts. I appreciate that you are not keen on Osborne, I have some concerns myself, but your spin of every bit of news as an Osborne conspiracy is getting rather boring.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You get a very grateful chancellor

P.S. You should have used your money to put leveraged deposits for houses and flip them selling for quick profit now, mug.
    I did that already with my own cash. I don't borrow.

That game is over for the moment.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    I saved all my life when I did work and now get nothing in return.
    You get a very grateful chancellor

P.S. You should have used your money to put leveraged deposits for houses and flip them selling for quick profit now, mug.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I beg to differ - the Governments direction is to screw prudent people with money in general, and savers in particular - so yes, this change is most certainly IS the Government direction.
    Agreed! He wants the prudent to get so fed up they just spend it.

The guy likes fake booms while not fixing any of the underlying issues in the first place.

I saved all my life when I did work and now get nothing in return.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This is not a government direction.
    I beg to differ - the Governments direction is to screw prudent people with money in general, and savers in particular - so yes, this change is most certainly IS the Government direction.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

The prize fund is funded by the 'interest' that the Government would have paid on the money it has borrowed from the public who buy Premium Bonds.

So, if interest rates fall, the Debt Office has an obligation to pay no more than the going rate, to do otherwise is to waste the taxpayers money, whom actually pays for the prizes.
    Less of that. We were only three posts away from AtW doing a live remake of Falling Down.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Indirect savings:

NS&I cuts savings rates and number of Premium Bond prizes - BBC News

Premium bond odds brought into line with lottery win odds by the sound of it.

The prize fund is funded by the 'interest' that the Government would have paid on the money it has borrowed from the public who buy Premium Bonds.

So, if interest rates fall, the Debt Office has an obligation to pay no more than the going rate, to do otherwise is to waste the taxpayers money, whom actually pays for the prizes.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Just another step to the world of NIRP.

Japan, Sweden, Switzerland and EU now have negative interest rates.

NO ONE WANTS YOUR WORTHLESS MONEY!

A nice property rented out to immigrants on the other hand....very desirable ownership prospects.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Indirect savings:

NS&I cuts savings rates and number of Premium Bond prizes - BBC News

Premium bond odds brought into line with lottery win odds by the sound of it.
    BARSTEWARDS!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It'sOnlyFair(tm)

That & "HardWorkingFamilies(tm)" gives me the urge to reach for my AK every time I hear it.
    To be fair Gidiot doesn't use "It's only fair".

He prefers " Labour are a threat to security" and "Corbyn are a threat to security" and "[Insert name] are a threat to security".

Though he's not said that with the SNP....

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Consequence of ZIRP and QE.

If you want to feel like you've won the Premium Bonds every month, just buy more BTL properties. Sorted.
    i love an optimist

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Won't happen, banks take absolutely zero notice of these "rules", they aren't enforced and the govt quangos that are supposed to investigate and enforce will do feck all as they have always done. It is just there to appease Guardian readers.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

If you want to feel like you've won the Premium Bonds every month, just buy more BTL properties. Sorted.
    Landlords should face new affordability tests, says Bank of England - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X