• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Top of the Pops!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top of the Pops!"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Drink beer it's low in sugar.
    My thoughts exactly.

I thought you would be more of a Campari and Soda lady though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Percentage sugar
    Drink beer it's low in sugar.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Percentage sugar

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    Fancy a cabana bar to go with that?

What decade are you in?
    Can tell you don't do any supermarket shopping - linky

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post

What decade are you in?
    This one: Lilt | Coca-Cola GB Lilt Pineapple and Grapefuit drink delivered straight to your door - Buy online with worldwide delivery - Britsuperstore

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I see they've put the tax on Tonic water.

I guess it has to be a blanket thing but your average g&t drinker surely isn't the demographic they're trying to target?

Thanks a bunch, Jamie fecking Oliver, you fat tongued mockney c**t!
    Hmm. I drink G&T. I'm a fat fekker. Maybe they're right?

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Would be good to see how much sugar goes into an 'adult' coffee from sh*tebucks, with all the 'trimmings.

Up to 25 spoons of sugar in coffee shop drinks - Telegraph

No point in taxing that tho' as they'd never pay it.
    BURGER KING LARGE CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE - 102.4g sugar, officially the highest sugar content drink in the UK, and the only drink to break the 100g sugar barrier

COSTA MASSIMO RED BERRY COOLER - 97.1g sugar
    EAT LARGE MOCHA CHILLER - 90.5g sugar
    STARBUCKS VENTI SOY VANILLA SPICE HOT CHOCOLATE - 80g sugar
    STARBUCKS VENTI WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA WITH WHIPPED CREAM - 74g sugar
    INNOCENT POMEGRANATES, BLUEBERRIES & ACAI SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE (250ml) - 34.3g sugar

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm certain drinks like lilt and tango were reformulated to remove sugar a few years ago as their favour changed.

What decade are you in?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm certain drinks like lilt and tango were reformulated to remove sugar a few years ago as their favour changed.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Would be good to see how much sugar goes into an 'adult' coffee from sh*tebucks, with all the 'trimmings.

Up to 25 spoons of sugar in coffee shop drinks - Telegraph

No point in taxing that tho' as they'd never pay it.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post

I guess it has to be a blanket thing but your average g&t drinker surely isn't the demographic they're trying to target?

good ranting

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Britain's number 1 sugary fizzy drink revealed: Sugar tax: What is the UK's most sugary drink? - BBC News.

Sadly you'd need to drink two cans to reach your recommended daily maximum intake of sugar.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    queue the Coca cola flavoured milk drink
    Cue.

I'm surprised San Pellegrino isn't higher up. That always tastes like pure concentrated evil.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Goddamn.

I like that.
    WZS

About the only fizzy drink i would bother with.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    From the article

Action on Sugar reported last month that 98% of the 131 hot flavoured drinks found in the large High Street chains would carry a "red" warning for excessive levels of sugar. Starbucks' Hot Mulled Fruit - containing grape with chai, orange and cinnamon - contained 99g, or 25 teaspoons, of it.
    Justifies my decision to boycott Starbucks and suchlike, not that I like the overpriced foamy muck those kinds of places call coffee anyway.

Give me a mug of proper instant coffee any day, with _one_ teaspoon of sugar instead of 25!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X