• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IT contracting: worst-case scenarios"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    No, thats Fleetwood but he appears to have gone AWOL. Just as well, he'd probably have a fit of the screaming ab-dabs at some of yours
    that's

HTH
    Fleetwood

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Are you the grammer police?!

No, thats Fleetwood but he appears to have gone AWOL. Just as well, he'd probably have a fit of the screaming ab-dabs at some of yours

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    £7k.

Pauper.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    dont' you mean no problem.....
    Are you the grammer police?!

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Since it was all kosher, there was problem... lucky for me.
    dont' you mean no problem.....

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    yeah I'm starting to wish I'd done that now!

What happenned with yours? Did you get stung with a massive bill? I'm expecting a bit of a fine like.
    They grumbled a bit coz I had expenses for a different year in there too...

Decided eventually that I owed about £26.

And about 3 weeks later decided that I owed 43p.

And that was the end of it.

I provided photocopies of card bills for hotels, hotel receipts, odometer readings from two different cars (with expenses claimed at the two different rates current at that time), photocopies of the expenses claim forms I sent to the accountant, and photocopies of the receipts.

Etc.

Took a week to do it all. Fortunately I was between gigs so that didn't matter a lot.

Since it was all kosher, there was no problem... lucky for me.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 24 October 2006, 08:37. Reason: My "no" had run away...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Simpler than that - underpaid tax. I had a Ltd then and my accountant was a spaz. To be fair I'm not much good with money. I can earn it but then I spend it. Still when I'm on my death bed there'll be lots of good memories
    Unlike Milan who advocates working yourself into an early grave so you can earn it and then cark it before you can enjoy a penny of it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ooooh - that would sting!!!!

What had you done like? Claimed for loads of stuff you hadn't?

I think I've "rounded up" a fair few times with my receipts like, which is my own stupid fault!
    Simpler than that - underpaid tax. I had a Ltd then and my accountant was a spaz. To be fair I'm not much good with money. I can earn it but then I spend it. Still when I'm on my death bed there'll be lots of good memories

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I'm actually using an Inland revenue PC at the moment ) And they dont suspect a thing!! Whahahaha!!
    Now that's style.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Careful, AtW is obsessively tracking everyone's IP address and the tax evasion "shop a cheat" helpline is only a phone call away.

I'm actually using an Inland revenue PC at the moment ) And they dont suspect a thing!! Whahahaha!!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied

I think I've "rounded up" a fair few times with my receipts like, which is my own stupid fault!
    Careful, AtW is obsessively tracking everyone's IP address and the tax evasion "shop a cheat" helpline is only a phone call away.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Last time it happened to me, when I was contracting - £7K.
    That hurt.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

What happenned with yours? Did you get stung with a massive bill? I'm expecting a bit of a fine like.
    Last time it happened to me, when I was contracting - £7K.
    That hurt.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And you let him take them?

I photocopied the lot & kept the originals....

I trust no one... especially not Hector.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Course, I'm being audited by the tax man at the minute - for Travel and Subsistance, and also it lokos like for IR35.

He took al my info, receipts, bank statements, blood, etc about 7 months ago
    And you let him take them?

I photocopied the lot & kept the originals....

I trust no one... especially not Hector.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X