• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are you doing this weekend?"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    I might go to York and see the Flying Scotsman, than meet my mate for a beer or two, then just go home...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Just wasted a few hours trying to find a bar in septicland showing the Ruggers, gave up and went back to the pool. Mulling over a job offer - best rate ever + expenses - will start off 5 days on site, reducing to 3 with 2 days wfh but it's ooop north where they eat babies so may stay put closer to London. Just about to drive to the coast for dinner with wives cousin - who introduced us 30 odd years ago Sunday may go and shoot some guns at a range, rest of the time watching the Trump rollercoaster gather momentum
    Living the dream
    I visited wifey cousin - together with his boss and his Nicaraguan bint (she was hot but obvious fake boobs) for dinner - cousin is supervising fitting scrubbers to cruise ships - didn't ask what they were scrubbing - may have been CO2, Sulfur or floors or summat - but the boss had a heavy Welsh accent so was difficult to converse with in a beach bar with a live band playing in the background

Went to the range and shot :

one of these

One of these - the 5.56 mm round impressed - didn't like the stock length though

& my favorite - will be good for when the zombies come

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    How's your back?
    TFA - a back brace helped that and sun & swimming meant I could eventually walk erect (oh err missus)

First day back in Laaaandon and back ache has returned - may be laptop + books in knapsack on one shoulder not helping

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    In the office.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Just wasted a few hours trying to find a bar in septicland showing the Ruggers, gave up and went back to the pool. Mulling over a job offer - best rate ever + expenses - will start off 5 days on site, reducing to 3 with 2 days wfh but it's ooop north where they eat babies so may stay put closer to London. Just about to drive to the coast for dinner with wives cousin - who introduced us 30 odd years ago Sunday may go and shoot some guns at a range, rest of the time watching the Trump rollercoaster gather momentum
    Living the dream
    How's your back?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Living the dream

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Billing the client for the weekend
    And a boom on it's way. WFH and Madrid once in a while ... Awaiting the confirmation email from the Client manager

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Reading this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    These dudes from northern countries have a habit of planning everything, even the weekends.

At the weekends it's last minute plans. Enjoy life...

Have a nice and lovely weekend.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    TFA

This weeks time sheet has been sent and approved, the rest of Friday will be sorting out the house and doing stuff and ferrying young un to a party

Tomorrow sorting stuff out for young un who is off to France with school on Monday morning
    Sunday will be spent clearing out the junk I have stored in the shed, roast dinner and sorting stuff out

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Unexpectedly finished early today & as luck would have it I had my clubs in the back & managed to fit in 9 holes before I got home.

Will have the cans back on in the studio tomorrow aftnoon & then tomorrow night I'm going to a talk on the history of food labelling.

Should be a cracker

Leave a comment:

• ContractorOnAMotorbike
    replied
    Getting the motorbike mot done tomorrow morning followed by lots of taekwondo practice with my son .

Hope to do nothing on Sunday but i don't think the wife will let me get away with that.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Probably work Saturday. Bit of shopping and upto the mountain creek winery Saturday for some slurp slurp, little sleep in the car and then drive home thinking I'm ok to drive

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    She only likes things she can make cry.
    so tears of gratitude count?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I thought she preferred German Sausage?
    She only likes things she can make cry.