• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Generation Y - stuffed"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Build more houses.
    Have less people. Most of the population rise is immigration. It's quicker and cheaper, doesn't concrete over the countryside, doesn't cause people to die because the health service can't cope, doesn't mean we need hundred of new roads, means schools can educate people without large class sizes, means prisons aren't overflowing and means public transport isn't rammed.

But no, let's build a million houses per year and double the UK population instead. Much better lifestyle for everyone here.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Medical advances are a big issue with the housing shortage. We live you would call a traditional family area all semi's/detached 3-4 bed houses built around the 1930's. Yet we are the only house hold with kids out of about 20 houses, all the others are OAP's who don't want to move and own their property outright; as they bought when teachers pay packet would support a mortgage, spouse and kids.

To blame generation y is a load of turd, when the basic maths of average salary v's average houses prices does not work in many parts of the country.
    Build more houses.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I got 3 likes for that! I think I have found a new way of getting likes. Insult the cheese eating surrender monkeys.
    3 and 1/2 technically - I liked the first line and was indifferent to the second, so I had round up half a like to a whole one

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    What next, Luke blew it up because he couldn't afford the inheritance tax?
    Someone has to stop the greedy BTL Landlord Vader taking over the Galaxy?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Yoda, parents of boomers generation, modest retirement in the swamps.

Luke, son of boomer lives in a farking desert.

Vader, boomer lives in this.

What next, Luke blew it up because he couldn't afford the inheritance tax?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Generation Y - stuffed

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    quite literally gave an arm and a leg (or two!)
    Yoda, parents of boomers generation, modest retirement in the swamps.

Luke, son of boomer lives in a farking desert.

Vader, boomer lives in this.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Vader is a typical boomer.
    quite literally gave an arm and a leg (or two!)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yeah right. The powers that be will not permit that to happen.
    The powers that be are not as powerful as people suppose.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    The younglings were butchered a long time ago by Darth Vader. HTHBIDI
    Vader is a typical boomer.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Quite amazingly I have the capacity to care about my younger family and friends who are deep in the valley of tulips. I am, by all accounts, doing alright. I have a modest house. But the younglings are forked.
    The younglings were butchered a long time ago by Darth Vader. HTHBIDI

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Did you teach her, or was she self taught?
    Hard to tell. I was not there.

If she wants a refresher course, I will stand on the sidelines and cheer.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well the good new for the Y'ers is that house prices are going to crash big time.
    Yeah right. The powers that be will not permit that to happen.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Mrs BP never learnt that.

I think she was too busy learning how to eat pu55y....
    Did you teach her, or was she self taught?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    In the other thread you talk about sending your kids to private school.

I am only a bit older than you and we do not send the kids to private school but what we are doing is saving money so we can help them with a deposit on a new house - but that is just to give them a helping hand really.

So if I am the same generation as you and not a boomer and I can do this do you not think it would be better for you to do this rather than give them a private education which only guarantees the ability to suck c0<k.

I think the biggest problem is you believe many things should be a 'right' but they are not they need to be worked for - you get fook all for free for the majority of people in the UK.
    I would like to send em to private school in a few years. I would also like an Aston Martin and a six pack. All unlikely.

I do however put money in their savings so they have a seed fund at 18 to have a better life.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well the good new for the Y'ers is that house prices are going to crash big time.
    The bad news is that the resulting economic armageddon will mean even fewer of them will have jobs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X