• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh dear: Minister hints at pensions tax raid on middle-class savers"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    FTFY
    Nah only some of our ex-councillors are behind bars. Our local MPs, current and ex, couldn't do dodgy things because they are in London so expenses were allocated differently.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It will be very amusing at local charity things to see the neighbours drop in for 5 minutes to get photos taken with MPs behind bars to be put on their twitter feed.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Local seat is controlled by Gisela, she is very good with updating on what she does during her term, not just before elections - I got no desire of being an MP anyway, even if the prospect was realistic (which it ain't in my locality and I am not moving somewhere else just for the sake of it)
    MPs who want to keep their seat now campaign continuously.

It's very amusing at local charity things to see the relevant local MP drop in for 5 minutes to get photos taken to be put on their twitter feed.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    and have moderate values.
    No chance of that happening

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Both parties like well to do immigrants who are now British and have the right values of hard work.

Local seat is controlled by Gisela, she is very good with updating on what she does during her term, not just before elections - I got no desire of being an MP anyway, even if the prospect was realistic (which it ain't in my locality and I am not moving somewhere else just for the sake of it)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Noooo.

Damn.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    In retrospect I think it was fooking amazing!

This makes me even more engry about lying toad Gidiot who blamed LibDems for inability to drop 50% rate to 40% and also for slow/lack of cuts in spending
    I knew he was lying .

Unfortunately the LIb Dems had a cr*p leader. Such a shame Charles Kennedy was an alcoholic in many ways......

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Which is why he won't be the next Tory leader.
    He isn't popular was the grassroots, but Dave can fix that

Secret plan to axe 90 per cent of Tory associations which would smooth George Osborne's coronation as leader - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I am unelectable
    Not with Gidiot/Cameron in office and Labour imploding.

Both parties like well to do immigrants who are now British and have the right values of hard work.

You would need to choose a party, any party that has a hope of getting elected in the area you choose and have moderate values.

Though expect hate (e)mail from old people or young people depending on what party you choose and what you vote for/against.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'm starting to believe the coalition wasn't a bad thing. The lib dems at least seemed to have some emotional intelligence and it increasingly appears that Osborne is a malicious little xxxx
    In retrospect I think it was fooking amazing!

This makes me even more engry about lying toad Gidiot who blamed LibDems for inability to drop 50% rate to 40% and also for slow/lack of cuts in spending

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm starting to believe the coalition wasn't a bad thing. The lib dems at least seemed to have some emotional intelligence and it increasingly appears that Osborne is a malicious little xxxx
    Which is why he won't be the next Tory leader.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I would expect a Brown Blair type government to tax exactly like this
    Camoron expressed his admiration for Bliar in the past, both him and Gidiot are piss poor versions of Bliar/Brown - at least the latter had common sense to actually appease their core voters rather than screw them over hoping that core voters of the other party would vote for them next time. Camoron/Gidiot defy logic in what they are doing, but since the whole Conservative party is more or less silent I treat it as them all being guilty

The "elites" of ConLibLab should be very afraid - their actions will end up in some populist leader that would cost them dearly - this is already happening in many countries, not just Greece, but also look at USA with Trump or other Western Europe states.
    Last edited by AtW; 2 March 2016, 17:02.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Osborne moved way past center right into Labour territory - he is gambling heavily on being able to buy cheaply many votes on their side than he would lose on Conservative side with increased taxes (Waldorks are expected to continue to vote for Cons again anyway).

The issue isn't Labour, you can't have expectations of them cutting taxes, the real issue is that Camoron and Gidiot turned Conservative party into Bliar/Brown Labour equivalent, at the wrong time too (for us).
    Part 1 yes (ish)

Part 2 I don't expect Labour to cut tax, but I would expect a Brown Blair type government to tax exactly like this, except their policies would be pleasing to some of the people who switched to Tory and therefore would be an electoral threat forcing Osborne to keep at least his demographic happy. Osborne is screwing the working and middle class and if you are a rural conservative you are especially screwed.
    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 2 March 2016, 17:02.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do you not understand politics? If the opposition were more to the centre Osborne could not do as much.
    Osborne moved way past center right into Labour territory - he is gambling heavily on being able to buy cheaply many votes on their side than he would lose on Conservative side with increased taxes (Waldorks are expected to continue to vote for Cons again anyway).

The issue isn't Labour, you can't have expectations of them cutting taxes, the real issue is that Camoron and Gidiot turned Conservative party into Bliar/Brown Labour equivalent, at the wrong time too (for us).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X