• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DegradedArray event"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    So admin starts a purely technical thread to notify users about system downtime, and it turns into an argument about immigration. Well done, everybody!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    It's only if it goes to court and u get convicted for ILR - 99% just take the fine and points so it's never an issue.
    In my time that would not be a factor for ILR as long as it's declared on form - the guidance was saying that in cases when custodial sentence was result of court action THEN it would be up to Home Office to decide IF to grant ILR or not.

Pretty crazy system where some known or suspect terrorists can't be kicked out of country, yet somebody on work visa after many years is denied ILR because of traffic offense that the person was punished for already.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    So admin starts a purely technical thread to notify users about system downtime, and it turns into an argument about immigration. Well done, everybody!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    But from your own words and the forum there it appears that they are applying citizenship criteria to ILR!

Fooking Tories instead of fixing the system pick up on people who waited for 5 years and honestly declared some non-prison traffic offense which they got fully punished for. If somebody had 3+ motoring offenses then maybe it should be a factor, but that should be clearly explained in guidance - very stupid thing in the first place since those points clear off pretty quickly.
    It's only if it goes to court and u get convicted for ILR - 99% just take the fine and points so it's never an issue.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I agree, moy drug, was just outlining the difference in policy ILR to BC.....
    But from your own words and the forum there it appears that they are applying citizenship criteria to ILR!

Fooking Tories instead of fixing the system pick up on people who waited for 5 years and honestly declared some non-prison traffic offense which they got fully punished for. If somebody had 3+ motoring offenses then maybe it should be a factor, but that should be clearly explained in guidance - very stupid thing in the first place since those points clear off pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I recently bought some what I thought were 2.5" SAS 300gb disks, they were all 3.5". My fault, I assumed......

That may be too subtle for some on here.

My advice to them, keep trying you'll get it eventually.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Reminds me of a bare bones system I bought off ebay. A plazzy skeleton turned up.
    I recently bought some what I thought were 2.5" SAS 300gb disks, they were all 3.5". My fault, I assumed......

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    We were talking about ILR (green card in US terms) it is not same as citizenship...

They should be clear in the guidance about disqualifying factors - they are just trying to fook people over who worked for many years.

Now if they did not pay tax then it's totally different matter - no excuses there.

Naturally Home Office relies on the fact that taking legal action in UK is crazy expensive and those people won't be able to do it.
    I agree, moy drug, was just outlining the difference in policy ILR to BC.....

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Reminds me of a bare bones system I bought off ebay. A plazzy skeleton turned up.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Thinks have got tighter now, ILR you're ok with speeding offences provided it's one or two and not taken to court (and lost). For BC it's different, they are well strict - the 'Good Character' requirement. Citizenship is privilege not a right is the mantra.....
    We were talking about ILR (green card in US terms) it is not same as citizenship...

They should be clear in the guidance about disqualifying factors - they are just trying to fook people over who worked for many years.

Now if they did not pay tax then it's totally different matter - no excuses there.

Naturally Home Office relies on the fact that taking legal action in UK is crazy expensive and those people won't be able to do it.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    And clustering, and RAID5,6,50,60.

Bet it runs on Linux on a PC with knobs on laughingly called a 'server'....

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    60 in 30 is obviously not ok. Such things obviously must be declared on form.

It all sounds bull really for one off traffic offenses that did not have prison terms for the offense.

I had clear license when I applied for mine and still do, but if they'd rejected ILR on the basis of those points then I'd most likely have appeal and if failed to sue them - previous guidance was that only jail sentence would have adverse effect - application guidance should be clear on the matter of which offenses not acceptable before somebody pays them hefty fee for application.
    Thinks have got tighter now, ILR you're ok with speeding offences provided it's one or two and not taken to court (and lost). For BC it's different, they are well strict - the 'Good Character' requirement. Citizenship is privilege not a right is the mantra.....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    md2 : active raid1 sdc2[0]
    976657024 blocks [2/1] [U_]

Forum going down for half an hour or so while I get a disk swapped out, going to be offline from around 3
    Pssssst sasguru is calling you a thicko on another thread.... please be doing the needful

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Done?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He's going for ILR - asking if he should declare it - consensus is always yes, shows honesty if your not sure whether you should or shouldn't legally. Anything that doesn't go to court your ok with, this didn't despite the high speed. So looks ok for the guy but he's not accepting 60 in a 30 is daft!

Speeding fine through court and ILR : UK Tier 1 (General) visas • Immigrationboards.com
    60 in 30 is obviously not ok. Such things obviously must be declared on form.

It all sounds bull really for one off traffic offenses that did not have prison terms for the offense.

I had clear license when I applied for mine and still do, but if they'd rejected ILR on the basis of those points then I'd most likely have appeal and if failed to sue them - previous guidance was that only jail sentence would have adverse effect - application guidance should be clear on the matter of which offenses not acceptable before somebody pays them hefty fee for application.
    Last edited by AtW; 25 February 2016, 16:05.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X