• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK number 1 Al-Qaeda Target"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    I can't bring myself to care about this. Yeah another bunch of fanatics trying to blow us up. Actual threat, considering the number of people in the country and the number of incidents (1 - but v.high profile) means this is virtually a non-existent threat to me. Every country has people trying to do this for one stupid reason or another. Security forces are all over it, yes they will miss the odd one, it's just not possible to stop them all.
    Iraq war - absolute shambles and discrace, only going to get worse, should have stayed clear but not due to threat of bombings, due to it being totally unjustified and we can't afford it !!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    If his could end lots of conflicts then why not? Remember - in the past kings who fought each other had their children married to have something in common to stop wars.
    F8ck, you might be on to something AtW? Perhaps we should get Bins family and rape them!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Osama

Hey he may be on the wrong side at the moment but he reckon he is a whole lot smarter than Dubya.

Maybe if we offer him indeminity, a nice house, a few perks and a plum position he will come and help the west "fight terror" and who knows, it may work

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Does this mean Osama will get a peerage in the Lords?
    If his could end lots of conflicts then why not? Remember - in the past kings who fought each other had their children married to have something in common to stop wars.

I'd much rather see 500 bln USD wasted on Iraq put into cancer, AIDS, space, new power source R&D and if the price of that to put Osama in Upper House then it sounds fine by me.

Of course this is not going to happen now because both sides did not want to compromise and now can't do so without losing face.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    And with those two terrorists on the run its a really scary world these days, Im sure its all because of North Korea.

Better say our prayers ...

Tony'n'George pray for us

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Are you saying there's no one trying to blow us up?
    I'm sure there are a few government agencies knocking about ready to do that to further the "muslim hate" and provide valid reasons to curtail even more of our liberties....

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I like the bit about 'success with the IRA'. Oh yeah we've squashed them alright. We've also given their 'political wing' seats in the NI assembly.
    Does this mean Osama will get a peerage in the Lords?

Somehow reading this tripe I thought to myself - Are they getting their intelligence from the Daily Mirror and Sun?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    No no no, our government will issue them oyster cards so they feel more integrated.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 19 October 2006, 17:05.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Then they will be shot of course.
    Or strangled of course.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by premiere
    But what if they don't have an Oyster card?
    Then they will be shot of course.

Leave a comment:

• premiere
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    I completely agree.

Furthermore, all of this stuff about them being 'very well organised' annoys me too. Sadly it is not hard, once the materials have been obtained, to attach explosives to oneself and then go on public transport.
    But what if they don't have an Oyster card?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    The correct term the BBC should use is 'murdering scumbags'.
    You cant go around saying that, you might hurt their feelings!

Off with your head until it rolls like

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Why do they still insist on calling a bunch of thick kids who have been brainwashed by a bunch of thick old men 'Al-Quaeda'?

It's not some all encompassing organaization, it was a made up by Donald Rumsfeld to give the US a common enemy.

I completely agree.

Furthermore, all of this stuff about them being 'very well organised' annoys me too. Sadly it is not hard, once the materials have been obtained, to attach explosives to oneself and then go on public transport.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Why do they still insist on calling a bunch of thick kids who have been brainwashed by a bunch of thick old men 'Al-Quaeda'?

It's not some all encompassing organaization, it was a made up by Donald Rumsfeld to give the US a common enemy.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Hey finally we're No.1 in something!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X