• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Germany Retention

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Germany Retention"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by InspiredByDope View Post
    The others are pretending they haven't heard me
    Now, you're just getting paranoid, not "inspired"

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Have you confirmed to them you're partial to a bit of leather and the taste of a snooker ball?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Morning
    Considering a contract role based in Düsseldorf. Thinking of doing this the right way by registering with the German authorities and paying taxes locally in DE personally as I'm
    Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up. ...
    Stop over-complicating things - If you're there for less than six months you needn't pay any tax. To anyone!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Morning
    Considering a contract role based in Düsseldorf. Thinking of doing this the right way by registering with the German authorities and paying taxes locally in DE personally as I'm
    Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up.

I'm expecting a good retention rate given That there will be generous expenses allowed ( hoping for that) . Could you guys provide a ballpark estimate of how much one can retain ? I'm Married with no kids.

What I'm hoping not to hear is Belgium type horror stories of 50 percent taxes etc.

Also how much will a good accountant cost in Germany?

Again hoping they don't charge an arm and leg for tax advice ?
    Being married is better than being single, especially if your frau does not work. Throw some numbers in here for an idea of retention.

Lohn- und Einkommensteuerberechnung

I pay my accountant about €2k a year for monthly vat returns and end of year return. As with all accountants, quick, good, cheap, pick any two. I'm not charged anything for tax advice. That's UK based thinking.

Leave a comment:

• InspiredByDope
    replied

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Thanks , the accountancies in Germany are bloody bonkers , one offered to take care of my affairs for a monthly fee of 1440 euro !
    and the other?

Leave a comment:

• InspiredByDope
    replied
    Thanks , the accountancies in Germany are bloody bonkers , one offered to take care of my affairs for a monthly fee of 1440 euro !

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nope. Merkel's invite to all and sundry didn't apply to me it seems
    So, no "Germany Retention", for you, then

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Nope. Merkel's invite to all and sundry didn't apply to me it seems

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    OP - make sure the Germans know your gloves are for strangling and not retro Gestapo gloves. They wouldn't like that at all.
    Are you allowed back into Germany, yet, Barry?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Do you own, one or more, pairs of black, leather, stranglers gloves?

If so, have they seen any action, recently?
    strangler's gloves

OP - make sure the Germans know your gloves are for strangling and not retro Gestapo gloves. They wouldn't like that at all.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Do you own, one or more, pairs of black, leather, stranglers gloves?

If so, have they seen any action, recently?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Einkommensteuerrechner 2016, 2015, 2014 und 2010 - 2013

Tax rate for EUR 50,000 would be about 27%.

You need a local accountant, and you can probably offset your travelling costs.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 January 2016, 08:02.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Have you ever been to a Turkish bath ?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Post in Accounting / Legal section.

General is all about radiator bleeding and gladiators. And licking chutney spoons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X