• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "late payment from agent"

Collapse

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    There is, of course, Late Payment legislation which allows for statutory interest and a statutory fixed sum for debt recovery costs.
    https://www.gov.uk/late-commercial-p...t-becomes-late

This does not have to be written in contract as it is already written in law.
    I must have left the thread open in the browser for a while before I made the redundant reply.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    A real contractor wouldn't have noticed a few quid missing against their massive war chest. That's their secretaries job to chase it up

Hth

MF
    a good real contractor would have their money invested and not in their bank account at miserable rate

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    A real contractor wouldn't have noticed a few quid missing against their massive war chest. That's their secretaries job to chase it up

Hth

MF

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    There are regulations set out for this. As a business, I don't think the client should give a tulip if you go overdrawn - it's up to you to manage your money. The regs lay it out, beyond what may be in your contract..

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I would say unless they are significantly late say 30 days you can't really charge them for the inconvenience unless you have a clause allowing you.
    There is, of course, Late Payment legislation which allows for statutory interest and a statutory fixed sum for debt recovery costs.
    https://www.gov.uk/late-commercial-p...t-becomes-late

This does not have to be written in contract as it is already written in law.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    If you went overdrawn and got charged fees then they will cover such fees. Same as a permie. Some people have nothing left in the bank on payday.

Its only right they made a mistake & they should pay any financial consequences of that.

I would say unless they are significantly late say 30 days you can't really charge them for the inconvenience unless you have a clause allowing you.
    thanks - learned something new.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    It goes to general as its minor issue

Agency "forgot" to pay me on time. Now when im chasing it they are like :

contract doesnt state any charges for late payment. Should i be charging them something? lol 99£ admin fee or something
    If you went overdrawn and got charged fees then they will cover such fees. Same as a permie. Some people have nothing left in the bank on payday.

Its only right they made a mistake & they should pay any financial consequences of that.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Used notes, in a brown envelope, meet at midnight in the local Tesco carpark, unless you live in Slough, where the agent will have had all the money robbed, before you get there

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Used notes, in a brown envelope, meet at midnight in the local Tesco carpark
    ok ok what should i reply to that dude?
    Nah thats fine just give me money
    or yes please apply some fees from me as you please.
    or 1% per day of delay ^_^

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Yes, £500 cash, for the inconvenience caused.

HTH.
    Used notes, in a brown envelope, meet at midnight in the local Tesco carpark

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post

contract doesnt state any charges for late payment. Should i be charging them something? lol 99£ admin fee or something
    Yes, £500 cash, for the inconvenience caused.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    started a topic late payment from agent

late payment from agent

Just looking through now should know more in the next hour or so.

If it’s unpaid I’ll get it put straight through for you, have you had any charges applied to you due to late payment? If so we will obviously cover these

Working...
X