• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scrap Banking Guarantees for Savers"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Id merry him if that was more than 75k
    Brillo has more experience.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Are you actually in charge of all your own faculties?
    He's loaded btw.

Great fun, to play cupid, once more

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Hasn't he got to find a person to get married to, first?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Amen, and you stand to lose a lot more than £75K.
    Hasn't he got to find a person to get married to, first?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Risk of divorce is much higher than that of bank going bust
    Amen, and you stand to lose a lot more than £75K.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    The banks won't have to pay us back, our money, if (when) they feck up.
    Therefore the government won't have to bail them out.

Win Win
    they will bail them out anyway to avoid loss of employment but won't have to guarantee deposits of little people... corporatocracy.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    How exactly would that help economy? So banks could take more risks and don't have to contribute to that security fund ?
    The banks won't have to pay us back, our money, if (when) they feck up.
    Therefore the government won't have to bail them out.

Win Win

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    How exactly would that help economy? So banks could take more risks and don't have to contribute to that security fund ?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    hence the £1m total when there are 155 banks suitable for PRA finding 15 that aren't linked should be reasonably easy. Also as I have a wife the amount doubles if we have a joint account. So £150k is possible per bank account. Happy for you to pay me a £5 a month to sit on your cash. It might not be there when you get back.
    Risk of divorce is much higher than that of bank going bust

Big banks like Lloyds won't go bust without bailout, as long as property prices go up and up, like they always do, especially in Birmingham...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Former Co-op Bank executives banned from senior financial roles - BBC News

The Co-op Bank came close to collapse in 2013.

In addition to the bans, the PRA fined Mr Tootell £173,802 and Mr Alderson was fined £88,890.
    Those fines are pathetic. They should be inprisoned for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Sure am everyone needs good quality sleep
    Important to decide really, as a starter for 10, if you are going to be in the asleep, or awake business.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Guarantee is per banking license - a number of "banks" now work under umbrella of same group with a single banking license, so you might be in for a surprise thinking you had it all covered...

A better way of doing it is this: pay some bum on a street a fiver a month for him to keep deposit in his name. Perhaps some some mobile based aggregation service for bums to provide such services could be my plan B...
    hence the £1m total when there are 155 banks suitable for PRA finding 15 that aren't linked should be reasonably easy. Also as I have a wife the amount doubles if we have a joint account. So £150k is possible per bank account.

Happy for you to pay me a £5 a month to sit on your cash. It might not be there when you get back.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    What you are going back to selling duvets?

Sure am everyone needs good quality sleep, maybe I'll get in on some tempur action have you seen how much they charge for their mattresses

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    If all else fails it's back to this for me
    What you are going back to selling duvets?

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    If all else fails it's back to this for me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X