• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "George Osborne is toying with the idea of removing a further £30bn in middle-class.."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Actually Osbourne is quite a financial genius:

The little flipper!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Actually Osbourne is quite a financial genius:

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Not sure the significance of spelling his name with a K?

However, luckily there are not enough foolish people who will vote for this fool. Anyone who does is deluded.
    Korban - The Following Wiki - Wikia

Korban (also referred to as "Corbin" or "Corban") is the name of the religious cult formed by Micah and his wife Julia in the mid 90's (according to Julia, as of 2014 it was 20 years ago suggesting the cult was founded in 1994). Joe Carroll learns of the cult from his former second-in-command Tim Nelson and a man named Robert, choosing to seek it out as a secondary plan following his faked death and betrayal to Lily Gray. He along with his two remaining followers Emma Hill and Mandy Lang join the group, with Joe's intent to observe the hierarchy and position himself in control.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    there's no fecking way he'll make a surplus.
    It's possible that he will achieve it. The price however will be so high that core Tory vote will collapse, he won't win the election....

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Next election I will vote for any party that will implement new policies that will enable expensive IT contractors to pay little to no tax.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS.

He's seen the deficit versus a theoretical 'credit rating' and thought that the deficit should be removed to get a surplus, but with no idea what impact that has to the country but more importantly the impact to people who make up the Tory Middle class vote.

What actually comes across is, that this Chancellor is so stupid, that he can make wholesale massive changes, safe in the knowledge there is no political opposition, but with no idea of what the impact is.

It's scary tulip.
    Since there's no opposition, the only risk to Gidiot is that he won't manage to secure the leadership when call-me-Dave starts at J.P. Morgan. However, this is where he's miscalculated, because there's no fecking way he'll secure the Tory leadership, surplus or otherwise. As an aside, there's no fecking way he'll make a surplus.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is a self serving bean counter who has never done an honest day of work in real business.

Finance ministers should never be allowed to have any leadership ambitions because they sit on the money and can bribe people, this should be written down in Magna Carta.
    WHS.

He's seen the deficit versus a theoretical 'credit rating' and thought that the deficit should be removed to get a surplus, but with no idea what impact that has to the country but more importantly the impact to people who make up the Tory Middle class vote.

What actually comes across is, that this Chancellor is so stupid, that he can make wholesale massive changes, safe in the knowledge there is no political opposition, but with no idea of what the impact is.

It's scary tulip.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'm beginning to think he's a goddamn communist sleeper. It's the only rational explanation.
    He is a self serving bean counter who has never done an honest day of work in real business.

Finance ministers should never be allowed to have any leadership ambitions because they sit on the money and can bribe people, this should be written down in Magna Carta.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Attn: AtW

AtW, see you've set-up a new webshop: I Love Osborne Gifts - I Love Osborne Gift Ideas on Zazzle

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The idea was to work out how to get a hung parliament again so we could get another referendum on the parliamentary voting system.
    Last person who got close to work out how to do it was Guy Fawkes
    +1. I would like to see a hung parliament.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The idea was to work out how to get a hung parliament again so we could get another referendum on the parliamentary voting system.
    Last person who got close to work out how to do it was Guy Fawkes

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    I did, although I still voted for them as they were the least worst option - compared to Miliband propped up by the SNP.

None of the party's plans added up, not one of them - they were all based upon wildly optimistic assumptions, which were never going to come to pass.

Once you work out all the "protected" spending, and the "protected" tax promises (not raising basic rate of Tax/NI etc.), then it was blindingly obvious (to me anyway) that things like divs/pension contributions etc. would be in the firing line.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    I would love that, however not enough people vote for the cuts that would be necessary.
    People voted for it!!! Cons had mandate to REDUCE GOVT SPENDING, SECOND TIME NOW! First time they could claim that LibDems don't allow them to cut spending ... but not now!

Yet, what Osborne wants instead is to increase taxes on his core voters in order to buy more traditional Labour voters and for that reason he isn't cutting the spending as fast and as much as was promised.

One can't even argue that they would lower taxes in time for next election, they might PROMISE to do so IF they get elected again, but the problem is that once Govt gets nice tax revenues it won't be going back on it - this creates problem for the future, that's why Govt spending should have been reduced - taxation is very high as it is.
    Last edited by AtW; 2 January 2016, 18:06.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    The only valid ticket for Cons must be REDUCTION OF TAXATION, not "we'll tax you a lot but it might be less than the others".
    I would love that, however not enough people vote for the cuts that would be necessary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X