• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benched (Voluntarily) for the first time"

Collapse

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Sounds like my similar situation wherein I choose not to have sex with attractive women, rather than my previous relationship ends and I am on the shelf

HTH

BIDI

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You know if I were panicking I'd write dat.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    just as I posted..... contract came through....

No need for a separate boomed thread.

BOOMED - 3 weeks off and contract lined up - does it get any better?
    Result!!! Get a boomed thread in. It's obligatory.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    My passion to educate knows no bounds
    just as I posted..... contract came through....

No need for a separate boomed thread.

BOOMED - 3 weeks off and contract lined up - does it get any better?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    well if I have managed to pee you off even a tiny bit then It's made my stay on the bench all the more worthwhile! going on holiday next week over xmas and new year too.....
    My passion to educate knows no bounds

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Bleeding Nora. What's so hard to get here. Work ends, you hit the bench. It's either your choice or not. Irrelevant what happens after.

You are voluntarily keeping yourself on the bench then that's up to you it has no impact on how you hit the bench.

Wish I did never said anything now
    well if I have managed to pee you off even a tiny bit then It's made my stay on the bench all the more worthwhile! going on holiday next week over xmas and new year too.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    You are a total plank!
    On the scale of abuse I generally get I could almost take that as a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Bleeding Nora. What's so hard to get here. Work ends, you hit the bench. It's either your choice or not. Irrelevant what happens after.

You are voluntarily keeping yourself on the bench then that's up to you it has no impact on how you hit the bench.

You are a total plank!

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    NorthWestPerm2Contr just enjoy rowing with NLUK, its possibly the most important part of contracting.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

The worst bit is he was extolling the virtues of the bench, in his first post.
    Now he wants to argue pedantically about it.

NorthWestPerm2Contr just enjoy your free time out, its a very important part of contracting.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I think you are failing to understand that I'd have had another gig lined up if I wanted to, I had about 8 extensions in total and knew it was the final one. Previous to that I'd always been extended 2 months in advance. So I had 1 month to apply (usually have at least 3 offers before end of contract). So the voluntary bit comes in knowing that I would be finishing a contract and still deciding to not get another gig.

Last edited by northernladuk; 17 December 2015, 12:40.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I think you are failing to understand that I'd have had another gig lined up if I wanted to, I had about 8 extensions in total and knew it was the final one. Previous to that I'd always been extended 2 months in advance. So I had 1 month to apply (usually have at least 3 offers before end of contract). So the voluntary bit comes in knowing that I would be finishing a contract and still deciding to not get another gig.
    Whatevs

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Question away.. Any time you are on the bench looking for work you are on the bench. So order of events is you were involuntarily benched as it wasn't your choice and now you are on the bench waiting for some work to materialise.

The scenario you are thinking of is you putting yourself on the bench because you turned down an extension and are sitting there quite happily with no irons in the fire enjoying the time. Neither are the case.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Sorry but I'm going to have to question your logic here. If I didn't want to be on the bench then I could be in a gig quite easily. Hence I'm waiting to see what happens with this other role and not rushing to get back into work.
    Question away.. Any time you are on the bench looking for work you are on the bench. So order of events is you were involuntarily benched as it wasn't your choice and now you are on the bench waiting for some work to materialise.

The scenario you are thinking of is you putting yourself on the bench because you turned down an extension and are sitting there quite happily with no irons in the fire enjoying the time. Neither are the case.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Nope. It's voluntarily keeping yourself on the bench... but you already have a verbal (which can be binding) offer of a gig which you are waiting for so you could argue you are actually involuntarily sitting on the bench due to having to wait until the start date of your next gig HTH
    Sorry but I'm going to have to question your logic here. If I didn't want to be on the bench then I could be in a gig quite easily. Hence I'm waiting to see what happens with this other role and not rushing to get back into work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X