• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Role searching when in contract"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Best paid permie in town.

Man up, take a long lunch and interview at 11 or 2.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Can't you just book yourself a meeting room and do the interview? Or do you need to ask permission for toilet breaks where you are?
    Cos he needs to ask permission for toilet breaks.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Can't you just book yourself a meeting room and do the interview? Or do you need to ask permission for toilet breaks where you are?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    So I could say this post is a load of wank and not get banned?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Can you not take a masturbation break at your digs and attend the meeting once you are done?
    Only if he states it as an activity on his timesheet, he will need a project code to book it to.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I am with you - the snag is that the rate I am on now is really good, which is around a months normal rate for my skillset. I am mentally masturbated.
    Can you not take a masturbation break at your digs and attend the meeting once you are done?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    How far is the hotel from the office?

If near then take a longer lunch for a personal appointment or finish early for a personal appointment.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    For the sake of six days tell the client you are willing to end now if there really is no work, that way you can focus on finding a new gig, 6 months gain at the cost of 6 days is a no brainer.

Although personally I take a few weeks of between contracts so never look whilst in contract, work to live not live to work etc.
    I am with you - the snag is that the rate I am on now is really good, which is around a months normal rate for my skillset. I am mentally masturbated.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    For the sake of six days tell the client you are willing to end now if there really is no work, that way you can focus on finding a new gig, 6 months gain at the cost of 6 days is a no brainer.

Although personally I take a few weeks of between contracts so never look whilst in contract, work to live not live to work etc.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    started a topic Role searching when in contract

Role searching when in contract

I only have 6 days remaining so keen to get straightened out for the new year.

I am having some challenges to get a decent interview set up, or for agents to appreciate I cannot really have a Skype interview on a flaky corporate wifi in a shared office with no meeting rooms at my disposal. Agents seem to think I can interview by Skype from my home which is around 70 miles away from the current client. I can Skyps from the hotel after working hours, but they insist it is during the day.

How many sniff around in the last week or so, and how many just knock it on the head then only search when you have all day free for hoop jumping? I have a very healthy warchest but just keen to get things straightened out for the new year.

Note – there is absolutely no work to be done here and I have had confirmation I will not be extended.

Working...
X